Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,453
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,401

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
I think those having smart boxes of DTH or Cable TV Platforms will b able to download JioCinema app on their box and stream/watch FIFA World Cup matches in 4K. It remains to b seen if same shall be provided free of cost as is the case if we do so on mobile devices or some subscription fee would be applicable for streaming on TV sets

I dont understand why broadcaster should broadcast on a FTA shannel in DTH network but yeah Supreme court can rule that if broadcaster can broadcast on FTA channel in DD Free Dish then they dont need to share with DD then I am sure all the broadcasters will be happy coz they will earn more revenue than the 75% they are getting from DD at the moment

I am saying instead of DD they can add it on their FTA channels then I am sure the host broadcaster will be happy to do so as there will be no additional production cost but they will have separate tariff for ads on that channel
I think DD Free Dish have huge subscribers base like Pvt DTH, PB should announce combine bid with Pvt broadcasters for upcoming BCCI Media Rights. Then there is no need of sharing 50/75% Revenue to Private broadcasters.
Now Test matches also going to share with DD, hereafter we have to see how BCCI rights will go .
Combine bid is solution for both Private broadcasters and DD.

Yes, specially in rural area people don't have led tv and better internet connection, still people getting 2g or 3g speed in the name of 4g...I am fully confident that many cable operators will add dd free dish feed of dd sports...

But large part of that audience segment would not b much interested in watching such niche appealing sporting events, let alone rural audience even in urban areas viewership is rather low for cricket played in New Zealand.

I think those having smart boxes of DTH or Cable TV Platforms will b able to download JioCinema app on their box and stream/watch FIFA World Cup matches in 4K. It remains to b seen if same shall be provided free of cost as is the case if we do so on mobile devices or some subscription fee would be applicable for streaming on TV sets
It's completely free.

Adding to my above point, bilateral cricket series played between India and New Zealand even back home here gets rather average ratings so India's Tour Of New Zealand would not see any significant increase in viewership as compared to ratings other matches played there manage to achieve in India. With key indian players missing in action as @Zaxotes bro mentioned, this would further have an adverse impact in attracting audience

Amazon could've sold TV rights to any private players and asked them to promote Amazon Prime heavily. Instead of letting DD get it for free.

Do you think people will rush to get a new DD Free Dish connection now just to watch 6 matches? People will probably find it easier to get a Prime subscription (if they don't already have) and stream it on the device of their choice.
They will get other OTT matches to watch for free. Along with bilateral and India specific matches. They even air Wimbledon. Wouldn't be surprised if they even air F1 when they is a race in India.

Amazon could've sold TV rights to any private players and asked them to promote Amazon Prime heavily. Instead of letting DD get it for free.
Then how many people do you think will buy Prime subscription if they share it with pvt broadcaster with no pvt broadcast and DD only airing on Free Dish there will be atleast a few thousands who will subscribe to Amazon Prime Video

Back
Top Bottom