Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,450
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,101

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
Dubai Globe Soccer Award live on Eurosport
opy1rhR.jpg

P.S: why is it called Soccer in Dubai🤔🤔?

I have no objection with DD broadcasting events of National Importance what I object to is DD making money out of it If you are doing it as a service then give all the money to the broadcaster who has the rights. If you want to make profit then you should buy the rights.

They r not making any profit. Already sharing 75% of ad revenue with original right holder which i believe leaves with them a very modest part (25%)of total revenue and same is needed for basic operations & expenses incurred in running of the channel. They r catering to a a substantial customer base but at the same time important thing is large part of this base cannot afford subscribing to Pay TV platforms or OTT so as such private sports broadcasters won't get any major leverage even if matches aren't made available thru DD Sports to them. Also incase stil broadcasters worry about losing revenue then they launch their own sports channels on DD Free Dish and air all the concerned matches on it but again they have start worrying that this may lead to Pay TV subscribers shifting to DD Free Dish which i again feel is not the right approach.

Current system can continue & i hope that point i mentioned above is included in the act by the government as this would not let even Pay TV subscribers miss watching their favorite matches as either DD Sports or some private sports channel would telecast all such series

Last edited:
Prime using the same graphics as Spark Sports in the pre-match show. Most likely they'll use only the separate audio feed and graphics would be in english only.

Back
Top Bottom