Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,450
  • Views Views: Views 1,674,024

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
private DTH/ cable should add ddsports 1.0, otherwise their reputation at stake as cricket matches not available on their platform, south india has less no of ddf users which will irk private cable/ dth south indian users, but central government seems never bother about it

Last edited:
If any DTH do and Amazon gets to know that then Amazon can sue the DTH for millions of Rupees as damages. No DTH will take that risk maybe LCO may do it
Absolutely right. This kind of piracy used to happen in Analogue days when cable operators used to broadcast premium channles on their network. I remember that during 2007 T20 world cup, my cable operator used to intermittently put Star Cricket / ESPN Channel during India matches for a few minutes. But I don't think any operator would risk it now.

I think 1sports owner have bought the rights by selling his kidney
1Sports/Lex sportel owner Rc Venkatesh once kingmaker on these ESPN Star Sports, Dish TV days. 1Sports struggling because lack of investors and investment.
I think 1sports owner have bought the rights
I think current FIFA World Cup media Rights sold by ITW, Sports18 acquires exclusive Rights from them only. even Pre world cup matches on Sony Sports and 1Sports too from ITW.

Last edited:
1Sports/Lex sportel owner Rc Venkatesh once kingmaker on these ESPN Star Sports, Dish TV days. 1Sports struggling because lack of investors and investment.

I think current FIFA World Cup media Rights sold by ITW, Sports18 acquires exclusive Rights from them only. even Pre world cup matches on Sony Sports and 1Sports too from ITW.
Better they sell 1Sports channel and someone buy it and telecast the rights in better quality. Maybe could buy another channel and use the rights coz till now they have the best picture quality of all the sports channels pity they dont go for the big rights

Back
Top Bottom