Sri Lanka vs Pakistan ICC matches viewing issue

godwinwilsonm

Reaction score
Current Pakistan cricket team is in tour in Sri Lanka for cricket series. In Sri Lanka cricket is telecate from nethtra TV or eye channel.
But during match time in Dishtv Lanka box its not viewable. Testing screen is showing.

We are paying and watching this channel why they cut it? This is loss for Dishtv Lanka customers.

IMG_20150801_213332.jpg

Ridiculous move by DishTV Lanka ; :angry
I remember Dialog TV did the same with football events :wall

Bad news for you Guys :k

Dishtv Sri Lanka Management and the team you need to resolve this issue very soon if you want to compete well with other operators such as Dialog TV and Peo TV.

Why people need to buy Dishtv Lanka box and watch Cricket channel using TV antenna?

This isnt a problem with dishtv lanka. you will face the same with dialog tv too. its not about the dth servicee its Srilanka Rupavahini cooperation that not allow to show the broadcasting through air

Then why do they allow their channels in dth ?? Stupidity at its best :huh

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Then why do they allow their channels in dth ?? Stupidity at its best :huh

Its common man I think they dont want to other local channels to cut the videos from their broadcast. This is old thing

Yes, I remember when Rupavahini Cooperation used to telecast Channel Eye using KU band in 74*E it was the same.
In those days 2007-2008 in some cities in Tamil Nadu they telecasted channel Eye in Cable network. I was shocked to see channel eye in cable network.

rupavahini/channel eye dont have satellite right in cricket matches

This is a very simple yet common problem that viewers has to be aware of even in the future events.

Simply Rupavahini/Ch Eye only hold the right to broadcast the match as Terrestrial Free to Air. DTH/Cable right may be reserved by other broadcaster for this region i.e. TEN Sports Network
In other words if TEN sports has FTA station based in Sri Lanka, they should also stop broadcast it FTA and let Rupavahini only continue the broadcast according to the agreement.

This applies to Radio commentary, Web streaming and Live videos with localized audio streams as well. Different broadcasters hold different or few rights.

Check this below link of CWC 2015 media rights.

2015 Cricket World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

** Since DishTV Lanka know this, they should first offer competitive sports channel line up and put up a notice banner on CH. EYE to avoid misunderstanding, which they failed to do so.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock