Stanley Steps Out To Fight For A Cause

Napster

Reaction score
Director Amole Gupte, with over 300 kids, stepped out on the streets of Mumbai against the cause of child labour, which his recent film Stanley Ka Dabba throws light on.

Little Stanley and his friends are fighting for a cause and on Saturday morning in Mumbai over 300 children joined them in their pledge against child labour. For those of you still unfamiliar with the movie, this Amole Gupte film opened with rave reviews across the country last week. The film addresses the cause of child labour and now the filmmaker and his gang are hoping to take the message further.

Amol Gupte says, "We are doing this not just because of the film, but becasue it's a cause i have been working with. There are a lot of NGOs who have stepped forward and we will be taking a petition to the President against child labour."

The message is clearly a signal to those within the industry too, from films to TV there have been too many instances of children working overtime.

He says, "In hollywood children cannot work beyond 5 hours, without a break. Even in my film i have made sure that rule applies. we have to change the system from within."

It's not every day a film helps feed the appetite of film lovers and in this case the needy too. In that respect Stanley Ka Dabba has definitely provided more food for thought than we can imagine.

ndtv

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock