Star cricket , skysports & fox sports.

Karthik

Contributor
Reaction score
As all we know espnstar is the official broadcarter of bcci.
I am having one doubt. Whether they are giving feed to sky sports for england series and to fox sports for aussie tour ?

karthik said:
Pls someone clarify me.

fox international and sky sports are joined vendores.in india sky sports is as star sports.i will give the detailed information.

So we are giving live telecast feed to england and australia through star cricket. Am i correct ?

only the producer of that sporting event holds the rights for the feeds. any broadcaster has to get the feed from the official producer only.

i believe ess has own production unit, so they will be giving feed to other broadcasters.

karthik said:
So we are giving live telecast feed to england and australia through star cricket. Am i correct ?

Earlier this year, Star had acquired the BCCI media rights till 2018 for Rs 38.51 billion. This was followed by News Corp consolidating its hold over sports broadcasting in Asia by acquiring for $335 million Disney's 50 per cent stake in the equal joint venture company, ESPN Star Sports.

ESS is expected to come under Fox International Channels (FIC) for the rest of Asia while the India part will fall under Star India.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k12/dec/dec242.php

Star comes under Sky
ESS comes under fox

ESS gives feed for rest of India.

Major part in news corporation, they are the parent of star India and acquire 50 % stake on fox Australia and also 40 % stake on sky UK.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock