• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Star India in flux as disney gains ground

KAR

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why i feel Comcast should have buyed 21st Century Fox, Murdoch should have sold the marvel characters rights to Disney 🤧

Rajpatil98

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why i feel Comcast should have buyed 21st Century Fox, Murdoch should have sold the marvel characters rights to Disney 🤧
I agree with you.....disney dont have idea what sells in india and what not.....they are just trying to see things from their perspective but they forgot india is not USA here things work differently

Last edited:

KAR

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with you.....disney dont have idea what sells in indian and what not.....they are just trying to see things from their perspective but they forgot india is not USA here things work differently
I don't know why I'm not getting a right feeling! Please God! Save India's Biggest Media Company from sh#t parent co. The merger has gone wrong. Star was aggressive, Disney is not.

Saichaitanya4496

Contributor
Reaction score
Much of this article makes sense. But simply saying that Disney would sell Star is outrageous. Lol, the author could have done some research how Comcast has wound up buying Sky, she said Disney sold Sky. Is she out of her mind:rofl2:. Disney knows the value of Star, otherwise why would they bet on Hotstar/Star instead of more successful streaming brand Hulu. And saying Disney considers outside US, as a syndicated opportunity is a mere joke, have they seen the recently launched Disney+ Hotstar in Indonesia or have tried to learn the mythos behind the new Star service.
Sometimes these stories based half-baked research should better be ignored. Lol, Disney grown in organically more than in organic way. Almost all of the Disney jewels are acquired not created inhouse. They know more than enough how to handle a brand or property. Sure there will be cultural differences and Star will undergo some major restructuring, but Disney knows to let the division run itselves and how to achieve better results from it.

Last edited:

KAR

Registered
Reaction score
@amansingh
Just Because star presents sports in not your favourite manner it's doesn't mean you will use such harsh words on India's largest broadcaster? How much you know about Star? Do you know how much struggled they have to achieved #1 position?
Have you seen how many markets star is dominant? Have you seen Hotstar? Which has given the access to watch HBO CONTENT,FX CONTENT,FOX CONTENT LEGALLY IN INDIA? you can't be that harsh! Seriously? Don't spread negativity for sake.

Last edited:

DJ Roy

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with you.....disney dont have idea what sells in india and what not.....they are just trying to see things from their perspective but they forgot india is not USA here things work differently
What works in India? Charity and loss?

KAR

Registered
Reaction score
Much of this article makes sense. But simply saying that Disney would sell Star is outrageous. Lol, the author could have done some research how Comcast has wound up buying Sky, he said Disney sold Sky. Is she out of his mind :rofl2:. Disney knows the value of Star, otherwise why would they bet on Hotstar/Star instead of more successful streaming brand Hulu. And saying Disney considers outside US, as a syndicated opportunity is a mere joke, have they seen the recently launched Disney+ Hotstar in Indonesia or have tried to learn the mythos behind the new Star service. Sometimes these stories based half-baked research should better be ignored. Lol, Disney grown in organically more than in organic way. Almost all of the Disney jewels are acquired not created inhouse. They know more than enough how to handle a brand or property. Sure there will be cultural differences and Star will undergo some major restructuring, but Disney knows to let the division run itselves and how to achieve better results from it.
Hulu? More Successful? I never heard about this streaming service ever before until Disney- Fox acquisition News Broke Out! Hulu doesn't have brand recognition outside USA.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DreamDTH.com Article Star and Disney India launches advanced advertising solution Sirius DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India acquires Cricket South Africa rights till 2024 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
rashwin99 Good News Star India acquires CSA Media Rights till 2024 TV Shows & Programs 2
DreamDTH.com Article Star India delivers 31.57 million average impressions on IPL 2020 TV viewership DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India salutes its Cable and DTH affiliates this 24th World Television Day TV Channels News 6
DreamDTH.com Article Uday Shankar steps down as President, Walt Disney APAC & Chairman, Star and Disney India DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India strengthens Tamil offerings with Vijay Music DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
F Rangers FC partners with Star Sports for coverage in India TV Channels News 1
DreamDTH.com Article TRAI advises Star India to maintain status-quo and refrain from pushing non-compliant January RIO DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Akash Solanki TRAI advises Star India to maintain status-quo and refrain from pushing new RIO TV Channels News 4
DreamDTH.com Article Star India to launch Vijay Music on 4th October DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India extends existing subscription agreements up to 31st August 2020 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India to shutdown NGC Tamil and NGC Telugu on 15th August, Star World Premiere HD shutdown on hold DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article E-Digital and Star India arrive at a settlement Digital Cable TV 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India extends existing subscription agreements upto 31st July DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India extends existing subscription agreements upto 30th June DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
S.O.RUDHRESH Star Vijay Plus - Star India - Upcoming new 2nd Tamil GEC channel General DTH News & Discussions 4
DreamDTH.com Article BARC WK 19: Star Sports First drops out of Top 5 Sports channel; DD India leap frogs CNN News18 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star Plus top channel in PrimaVU in Week 19: BARC India DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India and Disney+Hotstar join hands with Project Mumbai to donate PPE Kits to BMC and Mumbai Police DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India extends existing subscription agreements up to May 31 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star Sports to rerun exciting India and Australia battles DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India rolls out National Campaign for Consumer Safety DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India extends existing agreements up to April 30 DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Star India makes India smile with ‘Muskurayega India’ – An initiative by Jackky Bhagnani’s Jjust Music and Cape Of Good Films DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0