Star India in flux as disney gains ground

Rajpatil98

Reaction score
20201021-152659.jpg

20201021-152701.jpg

Source-
Source

I don't know why i feel Comcast should have buyed 21st Century Fox, Murdoch should have sold the marvel characters rights to Disney 🤧

I don't know why i feel Comcast should have buyed 21st Century Fox, Murdoch should have sold the marvel characters rights to Disney 🤧
I agree with you.....disney dont have idea what sells in india and what not.....they are just trying to see things from their perspective but they forgot india is not USA here things work differently

Last edited:
I agree with you.....disney dont have idea what sells in indian and what not.....they are just trying to see things from their perspective but they forgot india is not USA here things work differently
I don't know why I'm not getting a right feeling! Please God! Save India's Biggest Media Company from sh#t parent co. The merger has gone wrong. Star was aggressive, Disney is not.

Much of this article makes sense. But simply saying that Disney would sell Star is outrageous. Lol, the author could have done some research how Comcast has wound up buying Sky, she said Disney sold Sky. Is she out of her mind:rofl2:. Disney knows the value of Star, otherwise why would they bet on Hotstar/Star instead of more successful streaming brand Hulu. And saying Disney considers outside US, as a syndicated opportunity is a mere joke, have they seen the recently launched Disney+ Hotstar in Indonesia or have tried to learn the mythos behind the new Star service.
Sometimes these stories based half-baked research should better be ignored. Lol, Disney grown in organically more than in organic way. Almost all of the Disney jewels are acquired not created inhouse. They know more than enough how to handle a brand or property. Sure there will be cultural differences and Star will undergo some major restructuring, but Disney knows to let the division run itselves and how to achieve better results from it.

Last edited:
@amansingh
Just Because star presents sports in not your favourite manner it's doesn't mean you will use such harsh words on India's largest broadcaster? How much you know about Star? Do you know how much struggled they have to achieved #1 position?
Have you seen how many markets star is dominant? Have you seen Hotstar? Which has given the access to watch HBO CONTENT,FX CONTENT,FOX CONTENT LEGALLY IN INDIA? you can't be that harsh! Seriously? Don't spread negativity for sake.

Last edited:
I agree with you.....disney dont have idea what sells in india and what not.....they are just trying to see things from their perspective but they forgot india is not USA here things work differently
What works in India? Charity and loss?

Much of this article makes sense. But simply saying that Disney would sell Star is outrageous. Lol, the author could have done some research how Comcast has wound up buying Sky, he said Disney sold Sky. Is she out of his mind :rofl2:. Disney knows the value of Star, otherwise why would they bet on Hotstar/Star instead of more successful streaming brand Hulu. And saying Disney considers outside US, as a syndicated opportunity is a mere joke, have they seen the recently launched Disney+ Hotstar in Indonesia or have tried to learn the mythos behind the new Star service. Sometimes these stories based half-baked research should better be ignored. Lol, Disney grown in organically more than in organic way. Almost all of the Disney jewels are acquired not created inhouse. They know more than enough how to handle a brand or property. Sure there will be cultural differences and Star will undergo some major restructuring, but Disney knows to let the division run itselves and how to achieve better results from it.
Hulu? More Successful? I never heard about this streaming service ever before until Disney- Fox acquisition News Broke Out! Hulu doesn't have brand recognition outside USA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock