Star India in flux as disney gains ground

I think it's common Acquiring, Selling and again Acquiring stakes from Disney, Previously Disney sell Endemol shine Stakes, Now Tata Sky, In future maybe they will acquire again these properties :LOL:

Sorry, pressed by accident, meant a simple Like reaction. But it was a little funny in the sense that the author is fairly unaware of the reality in some aspects.
Yeah got that! Once I read it myself.

Just Because they provide The content from all major TV Networks! Their Originals are not strong, how will they manage when licensing deal with be over? They will be dependent on ABC,FX,FreeForm,NatGeo,Disney Content 😂
& Netflix? Before coming to india, they have been expanded in most of the countries, people knew about Netflix due to their path breaking series.
LOL! Bless your ignorance. Hulu is the only Streaming Service till now to won an Emmy Best Drama series and you are saying their originals are not great.

I like the Fox Style..! Star India was smarter under Uday Shankar(though there were some negatives). I don't think Disney will sell Star. If so they could have been exclude Star during the aquisition of Fox assets. But I think Star will be a slowly running company in broadcasting(In short like SET). Both Sony and Star started their journey in India same time, While Sony stuck with Hindi and English, Star spread all over India. All of it because of the Fox style approach. In case of Disney, they acquired UTV which is one of the top production company in India then, retarded growth. Under Disney no improvement happened for it...just running, thats all.
If Fox has the same mentality, then there will not be Fox Star studios, no acquisition of Asianet, Maa, Vijay etc.
Anyway Star already achieved most of the things they can. So hope atleast Disney run the network fairly, retaining the current state.

If Disney disturbs sports channel with their strategy. Cricket will eventually fall . Just like it failed when sky took over cricket in uk

Maybe Disney will bring back normality in Sports Broadcasting and all overhyped properties specially in Cricket would be brought back to earth.
Cricket rights are way too much. No broadcasters should even try to match these. Sony and Star needs to form some sort of alliance. One gets to keep IPL the other gets BCCI while keeping the price of rights realistic.

Cricket rights are way too much. No broadcasters should even try to match these. Sony and Star needs to form some sort of alliance. One gets to keep IPL the other gets BCCI while keeping the price of rights realistic.
Absolutely. There is a huge difference between purchasing power of people in India and European Countries. In India people are hardly willing to spend more than ₹200 per month on TV, while in Europe people easily shell out upto €100 (roughly ₹8,000) each month. So spending billions on TV rights for cricket is insane and that's the reason for disproportionate variety of sporting content on these channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock