Star India in flux as disney gains ground

You won't say this when just 1 day before the match of your favorite Premier league club, Star will tell you to subscribe their OTT to watch that match! Or just 50 minutes before a match, they will say" Sorry. That match will not be broadcasted on TV. You can watch in in Hotstar" (Happened in 2018-19 season). Why exactly should i pay 22 per month, if i am going to pay for OTT again?! You don't know how hard it is for a football fan to watch a match in India. You have to subscribe to multiple channels each month to watch a match even if you follow just 1 club!No one told them to buy those rights. They can simply just give it up to other. But if you are buying the rights, then do telecast it properly!
Star is more interested in Cricket Rights although with Disney's effect taking place & with new management I'm sure it will be fixed, but bashing a network is not right.

Star is more interested in Cricket Rights although with Disney's effect taking place & with new management I'm sure it will be fixed, but bashing a network is not right.
So i should bash Sony for Star's mistake? Or Zee?Who? They are the ones who is telecasting it. They are responsible. If they are so much interested in cricket, then why bother buying football rights? They launched Star sports 3 with so much marketing like Apna football channel blah blah blah. But now not a single live football event is telecasted in that channel. Not even 1 hr high lights. All time cricket. You do this kind of things and expect no criticism?

You won't say this when just 1 day before the match of your favorite Premier league club, Star will tell you to subscribe their OTT to watch that match! Or just 50 minutes before a match, they will say" Sorry. That match will not be broadcasted on TV. You can watch in in Hotstar" (Happened in 2018-19 season). Why exactly should i pay 22 per month, if i am going to pay for OTT again?! You don't know how hard it is for a football fan to watch a match in India. You have to subscribe to multiple channels each month to watch a match even if you follow just 1 club!No one told them to buy those rights. They can simply just give it up to other. But if you are buying the rights, then do telecast it properly!
This is correct though. Keeping aside the struggles and contribution of Star to Indian broadcast industry, the shrewd means by Star to extract money from hapless football fans is condemnable. If they have the rights for an event, it's their duty to broadcast it live on TV. Asking the consumers to hop from one medium to other is shameful.

So i should bash Sony for Star's mistake? Or Zee?Who? They are the ones who is telecasting it. They are responsible. If they are so much interested in cricket, then why bother buying football rights? They launched Star sports 3 with so much marketing like Apna football channel blah blah blah. But now not a single live football event is telecasted in that channel. Not even 1 hr high lights. All time cricket. You do this kind of things and expect no criticism?
hopefully With Disney managements, they will definitely improve. We can't do anything about past, what we have to see what Disney Does with Sports Programming in coming future. I'm sure like hindi movies section where star has improved in recent months, sports will be at right track.

@amansingh
Just Because star presents sports in not your favourite manner it's doesn't mean you will use such harsh words on India's largest broadcaster? How much you know about Star? Do you know how much struggled they have to achieved #1 position?
Have you seen how many markets star is dominant? Have you seen Hotstar? Which has given the access to watch HBO CONTENT,FX CONTENT,FOX CONTENT LEGALLY IN INDIA? you can't be that harsh! Seriously? Don't spread negativity for sake.
First they tell u to subscribe select channels at rs 22 and 11 to watch football. And then they dont broadcast not even live match let alone highlights. And instead they show same cricket match on 10 channels. Then what do u expect me to say? Every customer matter bro.if customer pays to watch something then he deserves to get it.

First they tell u to subscribe select channels at rs 22 and 11 to watch football. And then they dont broadcast not even live match let alone highlights. And instead they show same cricket match on 10 channels. Then what do u expect me to say? Every customer matter bro.if customer pays to watch something then he deserves to get it.
Like i said before Disney will change everything of STAR. The old Murdoch picked team has left the media company. Disney is revenue driven American multinational compared to Fox, which gave the freedom to shankar to bet on big cricket rights. We can expect a revenue focused STAR. can't change the past, what we have to look at is future! What's the future holds? Specially For StarSports, who really need to shut regional sports channels & give to audio feed to 1/2 channel, & most important need to rethink it's strategy as well as need to learn how to utilize the properties. I don't think Disney will let Star renew IPL rights. For Disney It's a entertainment Show.

Last edited:
Like i said before Disney will change everything of STAR. The old Murdoch picked team has left the media company. Disney is revenue driven American multinational compared to Fox, which gave the freedom to shankar to bet on big cricket rights. We can expect a revenue focused STAR. can't change the past, what we have to look at is future! What's the future holds? Specially For StarSports, who really need to shut regional sports channels & give to audio feed to 1/2 channel, & most important need to rethink it's strategy as well as need to learn how to utilize the properties. I don't think Disney will let Star renew IPL rights. For Disney It's a entertainment Show.
I think Disney done a mistake as not to increase hotstar vip suscription to Rs.749 (half of premium price) before IPL and Hindi movies premiers.

I think Disney done a mistake as not to increase hotstar vip suscription to Rs.749 (half of premium price) before IPL and Hindi movies premiers.
Regular price should've been ₹999 for VIP and ₹1999 for premium from start. Current prices should've been offer as festive discounts.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock