Star India launches Disney kids pack for its young viewers

I wish cn india launch new cartoon channel - boing or boomerang

CN india doesnt care for kids as you can see from there schedule they are only airing oggy whole day , even in our neighbour country they air boomerang block in cn showing looney toons or old shows . they are not even distributing cn hd+ properly . so we cant expect them to launch these channels sadly. even in pogo they could show some other shows but they wont. instead would suddenly decide to air new animated movies of scooby doo or batman in WB in early morning on weekdays or in weekends but cant air same in CN India :(

They should air 90s cartoon superman, heman, poopey etc better than showing by doraemon
Bro , Disney doesnt have rights for He-man & Superman they belong to DC Comics as of now Disney owns Marvel , DC wont give them airing rights , Doraemon kids anime is good but i agree they should air other animated series more instead of depending on one show .

Well i agree that we were served best animation stuff from Turner as well as Disney but things have changed now. We used to enjoy those shows but kids of today do not want to watch that. So much has changed around and so has preferences.

Back in the days kids spent large time doing productive activities, their learning / thinking capabilities were enhanced as a result of it. Cartoons shown in that era had certain logic, meaning attached apart from usual fun and kids throughly enjoyed it. Cut to now and we have cartoons filled with 3rd grade language (watch golmaal junior on sonic and let me know how much u cringe) , violence , senseless plots etc. but same is being accepted as this is what kids relate to.

I agree that there is audience for old animation shows but certainty not as big as 6-16 age bracket considering time spent watching tv. Broadcasters tend to keep majority in mind while selecting content, u can notice this across genres. People in 18 to 40 bracket have little time and watch content on OTT

Trend of local toons was started by Nick and it led them to top position where it continues till now. Others followed them up but did not get much success except for likes of Chhota Bheem etc. We cannot blame broadcasters specially not Disney which tried level best to promote not only its own animation/live action shows but made several nice ones here like Best Of Luck Nikki, Suite Life of Karan and Kabir, Kitni Mast Hai Life ..... Many others. They even spent whole lot of money to promote it but all failed. Now they r airing Doraemon, Shinchan and i am quite happy with it rather than horrible desi shows others r airing (except little singham, chhota bheem... Few others).

Japanese Cartoons have more cultural connect with indian audience hence working out well. I really hope that Star India does not terminate them in pursuit of desi ones, till Disney operated independently things were managed well on this front. Still i feel Disney will keep strong watch over decisions made and not let unwarranted things get implemented .

Disney International HD is only available in a-la-carte mode as Star India has kept Disney Kids Channels in separate bouquet rather than integrating with Star Network Bouquet. As there is only 1 HD kids channel from Disney hence it hardly matters be it bouquet or standalone. Would have been better if HD Bouquet was made containing Baby TV HD and Disney International HD.

Lastly Nat Geo People/Music HD still reflecting in a-la-carte section on Star India website. Has it been discontinued or simply removed from bouquet but still available for operators on individual basis. Doesn't look like a case of mistake by Star India

Lastly Nat Geo People/Music HD still reflecting in a-la-carte section on Star India website. Has it been discontinued or simply removed from bouquet but still available for operators on individual basis. Doesn't look like a case of mistake by Star India

Bro it hasn't been updated after the new RIO was published which doesn't carry above mentioned channels. Might get updated in few weeks.They even deleted the new RIO after I messaged them on Star English Special Pack.

Isn’t it just distribution that Star team took over? Are they also handling Disney kids channels and Disney International HD as well?

Well i agree that we were served best animation stuff from Turner as well as Disney but things have changed now. We used to enjoy those shows but kids of today do not want to watch that. So much has changed around and so has preferences.

Back in the days kids spent large time doing productive activities, their learning / thinking capabilities were enhanced as a result of it. Cartoons shown in that era had certain logic, meaning attached apart from usual fun and kids throughly enjoyed it. Cut to now and we have cartoons filled with 3rd grade language (watch golmaal junior on sonic and let me know how much u cringe) , violence , senseless plots etc. but same is being accepted as this is what kids relate to.

I agree that there is audience for old animation shows but certainty not as big as 6-16 age bracket considering time spent watching tv. Broadcasters tend to keep majority in mind while selecting content, u can notice this across genres. People in 18 to 40 bracket have little time and watch content on OTT

Trend of local toons was started by Nick and it led them to top position where it continues till now. Others followed them up but did not get much success except for likes of Chhota Bheem etc. We cannot blame broadcasters specially not Disney which tried level best to promote not only its own animation/live action shows but made several nice ones here like Best Of Luck Nikki, Suite Life of Karan and Kabir, Kitni Mast Hai Life ..... Many others. They even spent whole lot of money to promote it but all failed. Now they r airing Doraemon, Shinchan and i am quite happy with it rather than horrible desi shows others r airing (except little singham, chhota bheem... Few others).

Japanese Cartoons have more cultural connect with indian audience hence working out well. I really hope that Star India does not terminate them in pursuit of desi ones, till Disney operated independently things were managed well on this front. Still i feel Disney will keep strong watch over decisions made and not let unwarranted things get implemented .

Disney International HD is only available in a-la-carte mode as Star India has kept Disney Kids Channels in separate bouquet rather than integrating with Star Network Bouquet. As there is only 1 HD kids channel from Disney hence it hardly matters be it bouquet or standalone. Would have been better if HD Bouquet was made containing Baby TV HD and Disney International HD.

Bro, If i remember Kya Mast hai life won best serial for teens two times second season was not that succesfull... regarding Shinchan snd other animated series they became popular for the way they were dubbed and promoted properly . CN used to promote pokemon properly in starting then they stopped .. there evry show used to have repeat timings their dubbing was lot better compared to nowadays how they dub using bollywood style accent.. Obe of the main reason why they dont like is these kids channels are not promoting those shows properly and dubbing is not done in right manner and timings which they keep is not right.. unless they dub it properly and promote it . we cant expect them to like it. it is one of the main reason why still Doraemon & shinchan still popular for the way they are dubbed . no doubt cultural factor is similar it does play an important role and they are promoted by the channel as well .

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock