Star India set to launch first Gujarati sports channel?

web2019

Banned
Reaction score
Star India has been aggressive with its expansion plans in various regional markets and the media giant is now set to tap into a new market with a new sports channel.
According to industry buzz, Star India will be launching Star Sports 1 Gujarati – its first Gujarati channel in the network. Reports say that the channel has already been registered, along with its on-air imaging.
If true, Star Sports 1 Gujarati, will launch the existing plethora of channels in the bouquet including Star Sports 1 Hindi, Star Sports 1 Tamil, Star Sports 1 Telugu and Star Sports 1 Kannada. With this year’s Indian Premier League only weeks away, Star India will no doubt use these channels to broadcast matches in their respective languages.

Source: Star India set to launch first Gujarati sports channel? | BizAsia | Media, Entertainment, Showbiz, Events and Music

Star is hell bent on wasting dth bandwidth, if they r launching alk these regional sports channels then will they make sure to provide different live sports content in these languages. If intention is just to earn money thru cricket telecast then they can use current movies or music channels in respective genres for this or launch a hybrid entertainment or movie cum sports channel.

No one is interested in watching cricket highlights all day. Infact Star Sports Hindi should also shut down, they can use SS First or Gold or Utsav for Hindi Sports telecast. I feel irritated that my cable billl and dth bandwidth is wasted on cricket highlight shows aired all day on their sports channels.

Star had one Gujarati GEC TARA almost before 2 decades, which was total flop.
Let's see how they perform this time...
Obviously, GEC & sports are different categories, and also today's television is different than earlier.

Star is hell bent on wasting dth bandwidth, if they r launching alk these regional sports channels then will they make sure to provide different live sports content in these languages. If intention is just to earn money thru cricket telecast then they can use current movies or music channels in respective genres for this or launch a hybrid entertainment or movie cum sports channel.

No one is interested in watching cricket highlights all day. Infact Star Sports Hindi should also shut down, they can use SS First or Gold or Utsav for Hindi Sports telecast. I feel irritated that my cable billl and dth bandwidth is wasted on cricket highlight shows aired all day on their sports channels.
I concur. This just means they will launch more channels in various regional languages and the worst part is that they can launch Star Sports 2 in regional languages too if they want (God Forbid) Absolute waste of space and this doesn't mean they care for languages! All they want is to dominate in the Sports category.

I remember in 2013 Star Sports experimented with language feeds for premier league football at a time when there were still many analog users. But still they tried and it didn't work out simply because many didn't have STB's! Now that India is fully digitized why not give language feed a go again? Indian broadcasters need to move on in the Sports category by telecasting sports such as Rugby, American sports, Golf, etc but instead they want more regional channels just for cricket ffs 😑

Star had one Gujarati GEC TARA almost before 2 decades, which was total flop.
Let's see how they perform this time...
Obviously, GEC & sports are different categories, and also today's television is different than earlier.
When does it shut down?May be it is a news oriented channel and sold to abp group and shut down.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock