Star India's Channel V to go music only by July

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 5,274

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Star India’s youth destination Channel V will be revamped as a youth music brand. The shows which are currently on air will continue till end of June.

“Channel V will be revamped as a youth focused music brand effective July 1,” said a Star India spokesperson.

Currently, the channel hosts an array of shows like Sadda Haq, D4- Get Up and Dance, Mastaangi, Ishq Unplugged, etc. 

Music as genre attracts the younger generation more than any other form of content and strategically the revamp is important for Star India in many ways. The new programming line is expected to have content that can be exploited on its digital platform Hotstar as well as the study revels that Music is one among the highly consumed category of content by the digital audience.

Currently, Youth channels like Bindass, MTV, Zing and Zoom are topping the space, while Mastii, B4u Music, 9XM and Sony MIX are the leaders in Music space.Star India hopes to scale the charts with this revamp plan.

Star India set to revamp its music brand Channel V
Indian Television Dot Com | Star India's Channel V to go music only by July

It was Doin well in the beginnin When it was Converted into Current Form..it had some Good shows like Dare 2 Date hosted by Andy,Dil Dosti Dance,Humse Hai Life, etc..it will be good to see it in it's original form.. 'music '

I had mail him for its HD version, but they are revamping it in Music Channel.

Good move.. it should be a music channel only..

Nawin7ST said:
I had mail him for its HD version, but they are revamping it in Music Channel.

May be channel v HD launching same day:)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock