Star India's hike in distribution deal puts pressure on MSOs

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Having IPL in it's kitty, Star India had asked DPOs (Distribution Platform Operators) to increase the rates for the annual deal. The broadcaster demanded a 40-50 per cent hike but closed the deals in the range of a 10-20 per cent raise. Now that all the deals with DPOs are locked, the questions that arise are: From where this money will come? And who will bear the cost? The Multiple System Operators (MSO) say that they cannot charge consumers more, therefore the money either will come from the pockets of DPOs or they will recover it from other channels.

Star India's hike in distribution deal puts pressure on MSOs

No need pay more to star sports.
After ipl 2018 3-4 months nothing on star sports.

You don't want that does not mean other also don't watch, more over Star people are not stupid. If still nothing to show on sports then also they will bundle Sports chs with Other popular non sports star chs. Now what will you do ? Drop all star chs Sports and Non sports chs ?

If you do that as a DTH/MSO i.e. don't link any deal with Star then they can refused to sign deal next time when IPL/BCCI home season comes, Then You have to managed your customers anger at that time

You don't want that does not mean other also don't watch, more over Star people are not stupid. If still nothing to show on sports then also they will bundle Sports chs with Other popular non sports star chs. Now what will you do ? Stop all star chs ?
If you want pay more to star sports.that does not mean other also want.
Better channels come under people choice.not force to pay without his interest.
Star sports also need trp.

If you want pay more to star sports.that does not mean other also want.
Better channels come under people choice.not force to pay without his interest.
Star sports also need trp.

Good to see that You are rephrasing my word which I said in response to your statement that No need to pay. Anyway nobody is forcing subscribers. Subscribers can always downgrade package as per TRAI rule.

More over this line from report says it all about what control the TRP in India
Sony will start negotiation from April onwards. But now the network cannot ask for a hike, they have to close the deal with the same rates. In fact, major MSOs just might ask for a 10 per cent reduction since Sony doesn’t have IPL in its kitty,” said Atul Saraf, Founder of Seven Star Satellite Cable Network

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock