Breaking Star Kiran and Star Kiran HD launching on 6 June 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to post this. They faced a lot of backlash in social media for the name. Finally they removed the 'o' from the name and it is now 'Star Kiran'

But the tagline is awesome.

Star Kiran - Eithu Arambha, Eithi Sambhava

So please change thread title to 'Star Kiran'.

But what is the meaning for Kirano and Kiran...? Why Public outcry happened for Kirano...?

But what is the meaning for Kirano and Kiran...? Why Public outcry happened for Kirano...?
People on Facebook thought that Kirano is a Bengalified version of the name. There is a reason why Star’s Bengali channel is called Star Jalsha and not Jalsa. It could even have been Jolsha, because that is even more Bengali-sounding, but Star did not go to that extreme. It seems that Odia people don’t want to pronounce the O at the end as it feels more Bengali to them which they don’t like. So they wanted the name to be changed to Kiran. Now Star has done that.

In fact another member had raised this issue a few months back when he said that the spelling Kirano does not exist in Odia. In fact, as a Bengali I can tell you that it does not exist in Bengali either. Now Star has finally understood its mistake after people reacted negatively on Facebook.
No , it is star kiran . Soon they Will correct it .
But there is no meaning of "kirano" in odia . Kiran means ray of light . This is a mistake by star.
And we pronounce it "किरण/କିରଣ । . If in logo "Star କିରଣ " then they have to correct it otherwise it will be "star କିରାନୋ" in logo
Now Star will have to update the spelling in all the documents and notices.
It is Star Kirano only. That is the name that has been filed with MIB and the Intellectual Property Office. This also appears in Star’s RIO document. It cannot change.

Kirano means dokana i.e shop.
Kiran means rays/new hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock