Discussion Star needs to give Star World a proper last run

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Star World deserves a proper last run. It's part of Star India's legacy. It's gonna complete it 30th anniversary on 15th December. Many of us grew with the channel. Be it with shows like Glee, Homeland or MasterChef. Our beloved sitcoms like Two and a Half Men, Melissa & Joey, 8 Simple Runs any many more countless shows. It was a gateway for us to get into International shows. It's in really sad state with constant re-run of Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother and Koffee with Karan. There are so many shows in their library we can still watch. Yet, schedule is still bombarded with re-runs. If the channel is going off air. It should go out at top. Not with unwanted re-runs we have been getting since over a year.

Last edited:
Star World deserves a proper last run. It's part of Star India's legacy. It's gonna complete it 30th anniversary on 15th December. Many of us grew with the channel. Be it with shows like Glee, Homeland or MasterChef. Our beloved sitcoms like Two and a Half Men, Melissa & Joey, 8 Simple Runs any many more countless shows. It was a gateway for us to get into International shows. It's in really sad state with constant re-run of Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother and Koffee with Karan. There are so many shows in their library we can still watch. Yet, schedule is still bombarded with re-runs. If the channel is going off air. It should go out at top. Not with unwanted re-runs we have been getting since over a year.
True.

Star World was India's window to Hollywood TV.

I didn't get to watch the final season of Homeland during its original run on Star World. As if it was fate, this Nov 15, while changing channels, I stumbled upon the first episode of Season 8 on Star World. They aired that final season from Nov 15 to Nov 30. I managed to watch all the 12 episodes.

I was really glad that could get ahold of it during Star World's final days.

I started watching Star World, roughly around 10 years ago. I fell in love with it instantly.

The shows were very different and immersive than anything on Indian TV. Most of my favorite Hollywood shows began with Star World.

Even sitcoms that are mindlessly rerun today in other Indian English GEC channels, started their first Indian run on Star World.

To name a few that originally started in Star World (if my memory serves right):

Friends
Two And A Half Men
The Big Bang Theory
2 Broke Girls

My other favorite sitcoms on Star World over the years include,

Home Improvement
Melissa & Joey
Last Man Standing
The Goldbergs
The Simpsons
Modern Family
The Office
The Wonder Years
Better Things (SW Premiere HD)

Few of my favorite drama on Star World over the years include,

Grey's Anatomy
How To Get Away With Murder
Castle
The Blacklist

Mentalist (They aired only the first 6 seasons. Season 7 & 8 were never aired :( )

Breaking Bad
Homeland
Dexter
Revenge
Monk
Quantico
Agent Carter
Strike Back
True Detective
American Crime Story
Big Little Lies
Sleepy Hollow
Queen Of The South

Game Of Thrones (Loved it, of course except the stupid Season 8; And Ramin Djawadi became one of my favorite composers)

Westworld (Ramin Djawadi again :) )

And finally, few of my favorite non-scripted shows include,

Jimmy Kimmel Live
Masterchef Australia
Late Night With Lilly Singh
Academy Awards Live Telecasts ( Oscars )
Primetime Emmy Awards Live Telecasts

I am sure that I am forgetting a few, but these are the ones that I could recollect off the top of my head.

Also, there are a few that I didn't like (like How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, Koffee With Karan, etc), and some others that I didn't get to watch from the beginning, so I never watched them (like This Is Us, Veep, 911, 911 Lonestar, Agents of Shield, etc).

During its prime, no other Indian GEC channel was even a competition to Star World.

I will always be greatful to this channel, for all the awesome content over the past decade.

No OTT platform can ever give me the same comfy feeling I got whenever I watched a favorite Star World show.

And once it goes off air, I will dearly miss Star World :hb: :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock