Star Plus turning 31

Rajkumar

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Most Loved Indian Television.

Star Plus launched on 21st February 1992.

Continuous they are top in BARC Ratings.

Acf6gbL.jpg

TMhPpLR.jpg
xtmO4Vd.jpg

Congratulations Star Plus. Although you are no longer my cup of tea. Thanks for wonderful childhood specially with shows like Shakalaka Boom Boom, Shararat, Son Pari, Mum Tum aur Hum, Musafir Hoon Yaaron, KBC, KBC Junior and Kya Aap Pachvi Pass Se Tez Hai. Also old daily soap's bgm are forever stuck with my memory.

Congratulations Star Plus. Although you are no longer my cup of tea. Thanks for wonderful childhood specially with shows like Shakalaka Boom Boom, Shararat, Son Pari, Mum Tum aur Hum, Musafir Hoon Yaaron, KBC, KBC Junior and Kya Aap Pachvi Pass Se Tez Hai. Also old daily soap's bgm are forever stuck with my memory.
Wasn't Shaka Laka Boom Boom with Star Utsav ? I used to watch it on Star Utsav.

Happy birthday to the channel that never ever celebrates its birthday. :lol: Though Dangal and Sun TV have been number one regularly in the past, not to mention Star Maa, no channel really owns that spot like Star Plus.

I always used to consider Star Plus as the rock of Indian television, the channel you can trust the most. Starting from KBC and KSBKBT in 2000, and the iconic blue logo in 2001, Star Plus was always at the forefront in both shows and graphics. The crowning glory was the Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi rebrand in 2010. It firmly positioned Star Plus as the channel for progressive women. Satyamev Jayate is one of its all-time most iconic shows.

But I hate and have always hated the latest ‘Rishta Wahi Baat Nayi’ graphics which were introduced on the IPL final in 2018. It made me lose all the trust for Star Plus and its programming and graphics strategy. I feel the Nayi Soch graphics should have continued from 2016. Still, Star Plus is an iconic Indian brand and perhaps the number one Indian TV channel in the world. Thank you for transforming Indian TV like no one else could. :smile2:

Started as an English channel in 1992, then transformed into Hindi GEC in 2000.
Unforgettable shows they presented in a very nice way.

Happy Birthday Star Plus.

actually it started english and then turned into mix channel and then changing completely into hindi

Wasn't Shaka Laka Boom Boom with Star Utsav ? I used to watch it on Star Utsav.
It was a rerun on Star Utsav. It aired years ago on Star Plus. Man I use to beg my cable operator to add that channel on a earlier LCN, lol. Back in analogue cable days last few channels were barely watchable. Remember when television and movie industry went on a strike? I had a blast back than as my cable fixed Star Utsav as main channels were airing some random old episodes whereas this channels were airing shows we hadn't seen in years. I relieved all my favourite shows again.

Happy birthday to the channel that never ever celebrates its birthday. :lol: Though Dangal and Sun TV have been number one regularly in the past, not to mention Star Maa, no channel really owns that spot like Star Plus.

I always used to consider Star Plus as the rock of Indian television, the channel you can trust the most. Starting from KBC and KSBKBT in 2000, and the iconic blue logo in 2001, Star Plus was always at the forefront in both shows and graphics. The crowning glory was the Rishta Wahi Soch Nayi rebrand in 2010. It firmly positioned Star Plus as the channel for progressive women. Satyamev Jayate is one of its all-time most iconic shows.

But I hate and have always hated the latest ‘Rishta Wahi Baat Nayi’ graphics which were introduced on the IPL final in 2018. It made me lose all the trust for Star Plus and its programming and graphics strategy. I feel the Nayi Soch graphics should have continued from 2016. Still, Star Plus is an iconic Indian brand and perhaps the number one Indian TV channel in the world. Thank you for transforming Indian TV like no one else could. :smile2:
I disagree Jolly. They stop being iconic when they first revamped. That old coolness and niche appeal went away. Star Plus just looked and felt another Zee TV with higher budget. Colors and NDTV Imagine took it's role. Low ratings destroyed NDTV Imagine. Sony tried with YRF shows. It was too urban and youth centric that it took away family and rural audience. Colors somehow manage to remain cool until it's bread and butter became Big Boss. Sony started taking all the reality shows. Star had alienated their premium or urban audience so bad when they actually brought good shows in 2015. All of them bombed. What made them relevant again were remake of Star Jalsha shows.

My family subscribed to Star Plus in the US back in 2005. It was launched here in November 2004. At that time, Star India channels used to be uplinked from Hong Kong. The picture quality was unparalleled, almost like DVD quality. It was refreshing to see Indian programming with that level of clarity. Episodes were aired the same day as they aired in India. By contrast, Zee TV, which had launched in the US in October 1998, and had the biggest market share here, aired episodes with some delay (2 weeks or more). Surprisingly, there were no advertisements, other than promos for Star network programs. I feel nostalgia thinking about Indian television programs from that era (early 2000s), primarily Star Plus, Star One, Sony Entertainment Television, and SAB. It almost feels like a different world compared to today. Also, in those days, Star Plus used to be somewhat popular among South Asian communities in the Gulf countries and Pakistan. I don't think that remains the case today.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock