Star Sports 4K Service Launching on Tata Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star can't launch IPTV. Channel, it Haa to launch through satellite. 99% boxes in the country are not 4K compatible. It is almost impossible to replace them. People are also less concerned about quality.so launching a 4K channel is like securing huge losses.
In overseas, they have very less channel I.e almost no regional channel and higher purchasing power. So the broadcasters provide almost all events in 4K. 2015 CWC/ 2014 FIFA were in 4K.

Star can't launch IPTV. Channel, it Haa to launch through satellite. 99% boxes in the country are not 4K compatible. It is almost impossible to replace them. People are also less concerned about quality.so launching a 4K channel is like securing huge losses.
In overseas, they have very less channel I.e almost no regional channel and higher purchasing power. So the broadcasters provide almost all events in 4K. 2015 CWC/ 2014 FIFA were in 4K.
If 4k is impossible they could launch high bitrate 1080p with 50fps channel. Most of the hd boxes are hevc supported. So there's a potential for larger audience. Also a good 1080 p channel will beat any 4k live sports gimmicks in our country

If 4k is impossible they could launch high bitrate 1080p with 50fps channel. Most of the hd boxes are hevc supported. So there's a potential for larger audience. Also a good 1080 p channel will beat any 4k live sports gimmicks in our country
But none of the hd boxes supports 1080p

According to the International Data Corporation (IDC), 4.5 milliontelevisions were shipped to India in the first half of 2023, which is an 8% increase from the previous year.

The 4K UHD TV segment has a 35% market share in India. In 2022, more than 90% of TVs sold in India were smart TVs.

In the first half of 2023, Xiaomi has the largest share of the TV market at 14%, followed by Samsung at 13% and LG at 12%.

with this stats.. i believe people will upgrade the boxes..

According to the International Data Corporation (IDC), 4.5 milliontelevisions were shipped to India in the first half of 2023, which is an 8% increase from the previous year.

The 4K UHD TV segment has a 35% market share in India. In 2022, more than 90% of TVs sold in India were smart TVs.

In the first half of 2023, Xiaomi has the largest share of the TV market at 14%, followed by Samsung at 13% and LG at 12%.

with this stats.. i believe people will upgrade the boxes..
Tata binge and Airtel Xstream boxes are less than 5% of total pay DTH users in India (6.5 cr.), No 4K tv equipped with satellite tuner/stb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock