Star Sports renews broadcast rights for Premier League till 2022

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 13
  • Views: Views 2,257

Basil

Staff member
Reaction score
“As the Home of sports we look forward to many fantastic seasons of football in the years ahead.” Gautam Thakar, CEO, Star Sports, said.

According to Paul Molnar, director of broadcasting, Premier League, the body continues to work with Star to make the best Premier League action available to the many passionate football fans in India who closely follow our clubs and the competition.”

Star Sports renews broadcast rights for Premier League till 2022 - ET BrandEquity

"Star to make the best Premier League action available to the many passionate football fans in India who closely follow our clubs and the competition."

This statement is Complete BS. Have been closely following EPL since 2011 and i can say Star only cares about what makes them money. They're ready to sacrifice EPL for the sake of cricketing events and this is well known by all football fans in India. Paul Molnar has no clue how cheap Star is. He's just another moron.

"Star to make the best Premier League action available to the many passionate football fans in India who closely follow our clubs and the competition."

This statement is Complete BS. Have been closely following EPL since 2011 and i can say Star only cares about what makes them money. They're ready to sacrifice EPL for the sake of cricketing events and this is well known by all football fans in India. Paul Molnar has no clue how cheap Star is. He's just another moron.

Ask Star India to provide access to games thru Add On service by placing red button on concerned channel. As i mentioned few days back, thin is possible and three is no loss of revenue too. Sony can use this feature for showing new bollywood movies and hindi songs in HD too

Ask Star India to provide access to games thru Add On service by placing red button on concerned channel. As i mentioned few days back, thin is possible and three is no loss of revenue too. Sony can use this feature for showing new bollywood movies and hindi songs in HD too
Question is do they care? Atleast back when I first started watching football we had Facebook groups for the clubs we supported, where we would decide to create an online petition and tweet it to Star. It used to work. Now nothing works. Problem is EPL fans do not unite and protest together. They only care for their clubs and do not mind if other matches aren't telecasted.

Question is do they care? Atleast back when I first started watching football we had Facebook groups for the clubs we supported, where we would decide to create an online petition and tweet it to Star. It used to work. Now nothing works. Problem is EPL fans do not unite and protest together. They only care for their clubs and do not mind if other matches aren't telecasted.

They do listen, i send feedback to not only Star India but many other broadcasters and it has resulted in positive outcomes at numerous occasions. Ur feedback should reach concerned authority which most people are not able to do. Group campaign works but individual efforts do have immense impact if subject matter carries weight and points mentioned r unique rather than general suggestions.

It is hard work sometimes but to enjoy access to favourite content, we have to search for and make use of different options available.

Both the broadcasters are same condition. If Sony have the rights, they won't relay in their channels. Streaming on the Sonyliv . And we subscribe premium. What a trick they have? Few days back, I experienced 😡

Difference is approach is huge between Star and Sony. Will not explain further as u can simply check their daily schedule for answers. Also putting some events on digital exclusive bcoz programming overlap or even making some things digital exclusive otherwise is nothing wrong or unethical. Broadcaster has to balance coverage of each thing as per viewing preferences of people. Sony is doing great work. Football, WWE, Badminton, Archery, Squash, Formula E and even premium sports like X Games being shown live, if u still call them bad then at present in India u cannot get better deal than this

Last edited:
Difference is approach is huge between Star and Sony. Will not explain further as u can simply check their daily schedule for answers. Also putting some events on digital exclusive bcoz programming overlap or even making some things digital exclusive otherwise is nothing wrong or unethical. Broadcaster has to balance coverage of each thing as per viewing preferences of people. Sony is doing great work. Football, WWE, Badminton, Archery, Squash, Formula E and even premium sports like X Games being shown live, if u still call them bad then at present in India u cannot get better deal than this
First I believe in Sony. And disappointed. I can't reply Bro. See this 👇
Breaking News - UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifier | News, Updates & Results

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock