Star Vijay Channel Celebrating 27th Anniversary

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Star Vijay Channel Celebrating it's 27th Anniversary, Channel was launched on 24th November 1994

M4bcrdT.jpg

Wow I can't remember how many times this channel name changed before sticking into name vijay for this television 🥱

Many time I thought they going close the business but suddenly someone buy it then again cycle goes finally in the hands of disney wah what a story fir one channel 😎

Congratulations Vijay! Star India's earliest regional GEC.
Am0TxI8.jpg

I remember this channel fondly because it launched in the US on DTH operator DirecTV in 2004, along with Star Plus, Star News and Star One. Back then, it was simply called Vijay and it was available for USD $14.99 per month. For many years, DirecTV and Star India had an exclusivity agreement, as both were owned by the same parent company—News Corporation.

Does anyone know the official name of the channel at present?
  1. Official YouTube channel and verified Twitter handle say Vijay Television
  2. Star India's RIO document says Vijay
  3. Hotstar says Star Vijay
I wish they would be more consistent with the naming and stick with one name. :LOL:

Congratulations Vijay! Star India's earliest regional GEC.
Am0TxI8.jpg

I remember this channel fondly because it launched in the US on DTH operator DirecTV in 2004, along with Star Plus, Star News and Star One. Back then, it was simply called Vijay and it was available for USD $14.99 per month. For many years, DirecTV and Star India had an exclusivity agreement, as both were owned by the same parent company—News Corporation.

Does anyone know the official name of the channel at present?
  1. Official YouTube channel and verified Twitter handle say Vijay Television
  2. Star India's RIO document says Vijay
  3. Hotstar says Star Vijay
I wish they would be more consistent with the naming and stick with one name. :LOL:
Channel on air says simply as Vijay.
People understand it as Vijay or Vijay Television.

I still remember this channel was started as Golden Eagle Communication (GEC) and later rebranded as Vijay TV (believe it was under Vijay Mallya) and later again rebranded as Star Vijay in 2001 after Rupert Murdoch acquired the channel. Probably in fear of loosing the market value the new group just pre-fixed Star, thus retaining the name "Vijay".

Happy Anniversary Star Vijay... 💐💐💐

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock