Discussion STAR Vijay Music and Zee Thirai Might start it's Testing from November end.

Lovethislife

Reaction score
As MIB approved the license of these channels as i got info from both the networks they might start the testing of both the channels from November.
Both the network already well prepared with contents of these channels since they planned about the launch an year ago. Vijay Music is going to be 24*7 Music channel Going to Air Ad-free content on Major slots.
Zee Thirai is already with enough Movie rights to run a Non stop movie channel.
Both of these channels expected to run on SD feed only initial stage.

@Lovethislife, if your news is true (it has very often been false), it is good news that the testing will start as soon as next month.

That said, I think it is the right decision for Zee Thirai/Picchar not to launch HD straightaway, as I have said.
I think Zee Thirai and Pichchar will be in SD only, like Zee Bangla Cinema. Viacom18 movie channels (Colors Kannada, Bangla and Gujarati Cinema) are all only in SD.

The reason Zee Talkies and Cinemalu are in HD (but not Zee Bangla Cinema) is because:
  • Zee Talkies is the one and only Marathi movie channel. In Bengali there is Jalsha Movies HD and in Tamil there is KTV HD; other networks also have their own SD movie channels (Zee Bangla Cinema, Vijay Super, etc.). Those movies whose satellite rights are not with the network with the HD movie channel (Star in Bengali, Sun in Tamil) will air on the corresponding HD GEC (like Zee Bangla HD, Zee Tamil HD and Star Vijay HD). So there is no need for ZBC HD or VS HD. But for Marathi this is not possible. There is no other Marathi movie channel and Zee Marathi HD cannot handle so many movies. Colors Marathi HD has an even smaller library and Star Pravah and Sony Marathi have barely any library at all. So Zee Talkies HD had to be launched.

• The exception to this rule is Telugu, where the market is so huge that having a movie channel for every network (not only one) is not enough; it must be in HD. (Even though the GECs, which are already in HD, show plenty of movies, a separate movie channel—that too in HD—is required.) Therefore Zee Cinemalu HD, Gemini Movies HD and Star Maa Movies HD were launched, as well as ETV Cinema HD, which nobody really cares about as ETV has a very small library compared to the other three.

• Right now Kannada and Malayalam have only SD movie channels as those two markets are not so well developed. In Kannada there are Udaya Movies, Star Suvarna Plus and CKC, as well as Public Movies. None of them are in HD as the GECs can show the movies in HD. Therefore Zee Pichchar HD is not required; only SD is enough. In any case Zee has been late to launch a Kannada movie channel. In Tamil, KTV HD is there as it had a first-mover advantage, but Vijay Super HD is not required, and nor is Zee Thirai HD, as the HD GECs show plenty of movies.

• This leaves us with Malayalam. There are Asianet Movies and Surya Movies; neither is in HD. As @Raju lal bro has said, Asianet has the biggest library of any Star regional channel, much bigger than Vijay, Maa or Jalsha. So Asianet Movies HD has a reason to be launched (but not Star Suvarna Plus HD or Vijay Super HD). However, Zee is not venturing into the Malayalam movie segment right now, so this discussion will stop here.
If they are able to get HD licences it is very good, even though they are not really required (see my previous post). So Zee will have HD versions for all its movie channels except Zee Bangla Cinema. That means Star and Viacom will have to apply for Asianet Movies HD, CKC HD, etc., as well as Marathi movie channels (at least in SD if not HD).

@JollyLNB bro, apart from your rules there is a simple logic.
Generally network which is dominant in a market and has a huge movie library will try to have an HD version. Even though checking the past such networks never launched HD version for their movie channels simultaneously (In my knowledge).
Coming to Zee Thirai and Zee Picchar, Zee have just right number of movies to start a 24x7 movie channel. So they will start with an SD, then the arrival of an HD version depends on how the SD version perform.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock