DTH updates "Star World Premiere HD" Will Discontinued On Tatasky w.ef 31st Jan 2020

I know FX isn't relaunching, but I wish it would have. Or atleast Fox.
Fox brand is cursed. Every single channel excluding Fox Life which went through several rebrands from Fox History & Entertainment to Fox History & Traveller to Fox Traveller to Fox Life. Even Fox Crime sucked aired old reruns of Star World. While Fox Sports News was ahead of its time. Fox Action Movies (later rebranded to Star Movies Action) lineup suck. By the time it started airing decent movies the channel was already doomed. Same thing happened to FX. It shutdown just when channel was starting to do good for the sake of another Star Sports channel.

Until 2015, SWP HD and Star World HD were the only HD English GECs in India. Zee Café HD was announced in 2011 itself, but launched only on 23 September 2015, on the same day as the now-defunct FX HD. AXN HD launched in April 2015 and the two Viacom HD GECs in July.

Good riddance, SWP HD! :gn2: Happy that Disney killed SWP HD and not Disney International HD. But it is true that the Fox brand is cursed in India.

Last edited:
This is not discontinued yet & still available in Star's website.
U6M99pN.jpg

The cancelled shutdown of SWP HD is very bad news for me, but good news for @dino29 bro who always wanted the channel to continue with a new programming strategy to compete effectively. In my opinion though three HD English GECs is a little too much for Disney, even with its money power. I think Star World HD and Disney International HD are enough for all kinds of programming, the equivalent of Viacom's Colors Infinity and Comedy Central HD.

Already they r doing so for about 15 or 16 months. SWP is airing hard hitting dramas, horror and quirky humour based programs. It should not shut down.
Not happy with Star World Premiere shutting down

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock