States To Monitor Local Cable Channels

channellover

Contributor
Reaction score
STATES TO MONITOR LOCAL CABLE CHANNELS

The I&B ministry seems to have passed the buck to the states and given them the near impossible task to monitor content on cable TV channels run by local cable operators.

The centre has asked states to form committees at state and district levels to monitor content on these channels. I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar has written letters to all the state governments urging them to ensure that the cable channels comply with the Cable TV Network (Regulation) Act 1995, and the rules framed under it, according to a press report. The ministry has already notified district collectors, sub-divisional magistrates and commissioners of states as authorised officers to take action in case of a violation.

In a parallel development, the TRAI has floated a Consultation Paper on "Regulatory Framework for Platform Services" which aims to even curb the very popular local cable channels run by Cable TV networks. These channels cover local community activities like school plays, local celebrations etc.

Scatmag.com

Not at all impossible if regulated from grass root.

Earlier local cablewala used to beam FTV Int, PTP, REN 4, REN2 etc. But new SDPO has totally banned them.

Interesting that on these slots now a days Bhakti ch. running!

There are still very small cable ops, operating in a confined area, may be a small village... where they still air adult content.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock