Status of Sun Network's Action Movie channels

niyasmkkv

Solutions
Reaction score
Do they have any plan to launch these Action channels into other cable tv platforms? and as far i know these channels are running with repeated movies, do they lost in interest in the most awaited Ad-free action movie channels?
pls discuss

Those channels along with the comedy channels and the movie club channels (total 3 channels in each southern languages) are used for marketing of their dth.
Exclusiveness of these channels gives good number of subscribers for Sun direct in southern states. In such a case, they won't think to make the channels public and ruin the Sun Direct

Rishithulyan said:
Those channels along with the comedy channels and the movie club channels (total 3 channels in each southern languages) are used for marketing of their dth.
Exclusiveness of these channels gives good number of subscribers for Sun direct in southern states. In such a case, they won't think to make the channels public and ruin the Sun Direct

in surya action they are showing only 6 movies per year, how come these 6 movies give good subscribers for their DTH. Also these channels are proper channels unlike their comedy VOD. These action channels names are in the MIB list

Earlier, they had the below channels as exclusive only on Sun Direct.

Tamil Cinema Club
Malayalam Cinema Club
Telugu Cinema Club
Kannada Cinema Club
Sun Action
Surya Action
Gemini Action
Suriyan TV
Chirithira
Comedy Thirai
Sun Life
Gemini Life

Now the last 3 channels in the above list are available for all DTH. They renamed Comedy Thirai as Adithya. Definitely the first 4 cinema club channels will not come to other DTH. There is a plan to launch Surya Comedy and I think they will change Chirithira into Surya Comedy and make it available for all DTH. I don't think Action (in name only) movie channels will make their way to other DTH.

M.J.Sadiq said:
Earlier, they had the below channels as exclusive only on Sun Direct.

Tamil Cinema Club
Malayalam Cinema Club
Telugu Cinema Club
Kannada Cinema Club
Sun Action
Surya Action
Gemini Action
Suriyan TV
Chirithira
Comedy Thirai
Sun Life
Gemini Life

Now the last 3 channels in the above list are available for all DTH. They renamed Comedy Thirai as Adithya. Definitely the first 4 cinema club channels will not come to other DTH. There is a plan to launch Surya Comedy and I think they will change Chirithira into Surya Comedy and make it available for all DTH. I don't think Action (in name only) movie channels will make their way to other DTH.
bro all the film clubs were not channels, they are video on demand services, even chirithira is vod. but sun action and all other action channels are satellite channels, they are in the MIb list,

niyasmkkv said:
bro all the film clubs were not channels, they are video on demand services, even chirithira is vod. but sun action and all other action channels are satellite channels, they are in the MIb list,

Ts would hav added till now all sun action channels if sun would allow/give to add on other dth:angry:angry

niyasmkkv said:

I agree bro.. I am not saying they are satellite channels.. Comedy Thirai was not a satellite channel but later converted into a satellite channel called Adithya. Same story for Chirithira.. It will soon be renamed as Surya Comedy since they got license now. After that it will be available in other DTH operators too. But their Action channels are still not available though they have license.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock