STB 2011 vs 2222

• Thread starter Zero7
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 4,579

Zero7

Contributor
Reaction score
I got my new STB 2222 yesterday. Here is the initial observation, that could help some one who is thinking of changing the STB.

(Note: All the comments are when model 2222 compared with model 2011 STB)

1. Picture quality of SD channels slightly better. There is slight improvement in HD picture quality as well.
2. Audio output through HDMI works. However, you will not be able to control the audio volume if you use Surround (DD) output. You need to use HTR volume control, in such case
3. Does not support NTSC TVs with default software. Software needs to be updated at their service center
4. Channel changing is slower
5. Active services did not work on the first day. Working now.
6. Does not use IR remote. If you are using Universal remote which does not have IR, you are out of luck. Then you need to use 2 remotes to control your home theater (one for STB and Universal remote for TV, HTR etc). Advantage of having RF sensor is, you can hide the STB behind your TV.
7. Recording facility is available. Able to record one channel as expected. Programming controls are not very intuitive.
8. Advertisement on the info window is quite annoying. Whenever you change channel, you see some ad.
9. Pressing the OK button does not bring up Channel list. (Not sure if it was there in 2011. But my universal remote was working that way)
10. There is no direct button to access channel guide. You have to go through Menu>Channel Guide
11. Remote control uses CR2032 Button Cell. My gut feeling is that it will work for 6 months to a year based on the usage. Consumption will not be that high as transmission range is short. (will update the range after testing)
12. Feels warmer. I have kept it vertically, to save space as well avoid overheating.
13. As mentioned by Vikram below: 2222 is updated Version Of Old HD model 2011, With RF Remote, Compact,Small, STB and adapter Wall Accessories,Recording Services By External Storage Device

Overall better than 2011 STB. Problems mentioned above are not major. I feel they are the areas of improvement for D2h to consider.

I may add/update this after using the new STB for sometime.

V8RQ5cL.jpg

Zero7 said:
I got my new STB 2222 yesterday. Here is the initial observation, that could help some one who is thinking of changing the STB.

(Note: All the comments are when model 2222 compared with model 2011 STB)

1. Picture quality of SD channels slightly better. Could not feel much difference with HD as HD picture was good in old STB as well.
2. Audio output through HDMI works. However, you will not be able to control volume if you use Surround (DD) output. You need to use HTR volume control, in such case
3. Does not support NTSC TVs with default software. Software needs to be updated at their service center
4. Channel changing is slower
5. Active services did not work
6. Does not use IR remote. If you are using Universal remote which does not have IR, you are out of luck. Then you need to use 2 remotes to control your home theater (one for STB and Universal remote for TV, HTR etc)
7. Recording facility is available.(Not yet activated)
8. Advertisement on the info window is quite annoying. Whenever you change channel, you see some ad.
>> does this happen everytime, why are they forcing Ads, can't we disable it?
9. Pressing the OK button does not bring up Channel list. (Not sure if it was there in 2011. But my universal remote was working that way)
10. There is no direct button to access channel guide. You have to go through Menu>Channel Guide

I may add/update this after using the new STB for sometime.

>> Overall how do u rate, 2222 better than or 2011 or not :huh

I was looking for that kind of comparison
As I'm planning to buy new 2222 box
Please share your views about Recording

Zero7 said:
6. Does not use IR remote. If you are using Universal remote which does not have IR, you are out of luck. Then you need to use 2 remotes to control your home theater (one for STB and Universal remote for TV, HTR etc)

So thats drawback of RF remote, there is no use of universal IR remote.
Also I read somewhere that this remote requires button cell which may not last longer & are costlier.

593544222213725280801373099542.jpg

Videocon D2H 2222

480643hd13628099591370147173.jpg

Videocon D2H 2011

2222 Is Better From 2011....
2222 is update Version Of Old HD model 2011, With RF Remote, Compact,Small, Stb and adaptore Wall Accessories,Recording Services By External Storage Device.....

Vikram said:
593544222213725280801373099542.jpg

Videocon D2H 2222

480643hd13628099591370147173.jpg

Videocon D2H 2011

2222 Is Better From 2011....
2222 is update Version Of Old HD model 2011, With RF Remote, Compact,Small, Stb and adaptore Wall Accessories,Recording Services By External Storage Device.....

Dear brother,

Add this images in starting thread if possible.

Updated the original post with answers to few questions and feedback.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock