STB-7111 (HD Zapper 2011) Randomly Freezing and Rebooting

ghost_rider

Reaction score
Model: Videocon D2H STB-7111-HD (HD Zapper 2011)
Download ID: 48

Since a week my D2H STB (purchased in 2013) has started to lag too much and when I try to change to any channel, sometimes suddenly the audio gets muted but video works, and after that when I try to change to another channel the STB freezes completely. No video, audio, but just a black screen with the channel name and number written at the bottom of screen. Does not respond to remote clicks too. :angry After 5 secs the STB automatically reboots and starts working fine. But again the same day or on the next day, this happens. I have no idea why its happening.  :u
I will be contacting customer care soon, but bfor that I just thought I'll create a thread here :)

I am new to this forum and I am ready to give any other details if necessary. Please help me. Thanks.

Here are the pics:
ibb.co/kGgu35
ibb.co/ho7Cqk
ibb.co/jxu3wQ
ibb.co/nmtwGQ
(I am not allowed to post pics/direct links since my posts count is <10)

May be some hardware issue. Check the capacitors on the motherboard. Usually because of them such issue happens. Please share the picture of ur Set Top Box too

Hassan Syed said:
May be some hardware issue. Check the capacitors on the motherboard. Usually because of them such issue happens. Please share the picture of ur Set Top Box too

Here are the pics of the STB:
ibb.co/kGgu35
ibb.co/ho7Cqk
ibb.co/jxu3wQ
ibb.co/nmtwGQ
(I am not allowed to post pics/direct links since my posts count is <10)

@Ghost_rider bro...I am also a d2h user and have also faced similar isssues...So it will be good if you call Customer care and tell about this..they will reguster a complaint and if you are in warranty period they will replace your stb free of cost.If ur warranty period is over then u will need to pay Rs 400 for replacing of Stb....:k

Vishnu777 said:
@Ghost_rider bro...I am also a d2h user and have also faced similar isssues...So it will be good if you call Customer care and tell about this..they will reguster a complaint and if you are in warranty period they will replace your stb free of cost.If ur warranty period is over then u will need to pay Rs 400 for replacing of Stb....:k

He purchased it in 2013....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock