Stb & Pen drive/hdd

kg.kiddo

Reaction score
Hi friends, i am starting this thread as many people really dont know which company/GB pen drives/hdd will work perfectly with which stb.
(stb = dish+ sd & hd, airtel hd+ and videocon zapper)

here u can share your information about which company/GB pen drive you people are using which which stb's, so that we can know which device works perfectly with which drive

me too have used 3 different pendrives untiil now. MY story started last year (2013) November when i purchased the new videocon zapper 2222 connection and along with it purchased a pen drive from from flipkart Sandisk Cruzer Force 32 GB Pen Drive, which was available at the price of 16 gb. things were going good, but this year in September, the stb went bad as i couldnt record or pause live tv, so i called up the engineer who changed up to 556 stb. now the problem really started. my pen drive went bad. the pen drive could be detected but there is no formatting option.

so i got new pen drive 8gb Strontium (tic-tac function). it worked properly for some days, the the same problem arised. the pen drive gets detected but the h.d. space is only 100 mb.

so i called up the engineer and told to change the stb, but he rejected that no such problem has come in videocon untill now. so again i brought a new pen drive Transcend JetFlash 350 32 GB Pen Drive. i worked like crap from day 1. the stb would hang up if i pressed the record button. and the same thing happened with this pen drive. only 500 mb space is shown from 32 gb space after a week use.

so again i called up the engineer to change the stb, but he said he cant change the stb as no such complain has come up and his technical team told me use 4 gb pen drive as the company only recommends 4 gb pen drive. dont use above 4 gb pendrive.

now i am confused as to what to do and which company 4 gb pen drive to buy.

help here guys

bro fat32 format will be working in stb & just plug the pendrive in pc/laptop & then format in fat32 format:tup

all pen drive will be working & techinican says wrong :shy

thanks for the reply, but i have checked and formatted the drive in pc in fat32 but still the same result. the last Transcend JetFlash 350 32 GB Pen Drive only shows 500 mb in pc

kg.kiddo said:
thanks for the reply, but i have checked and formatted the drive in pc in fat32 but still the same result. the last Transcend JetFlash 350 32 GB Pen Drive only shows 500 mb in pc

please format in default allocet space

kg.kiddo said:
ok i wiil try again today night

i thing fault in pendrive & corrupted bro & just format in default allocet space & 100 % working :tup

thanks bro but was still thinking which is the best pen drive to use with zapper stb?

kg.kiddo said:
thanks bro but was still thinking which is the best pen drive to use with zapper stb?

i have Moserbaer USB Drives 16GB Knight 16 GB Pen Drive in my Sundirect hd stb now available flipkart price Rs.499 only ( i have purchased from flipkart )&

Transcend also good pendrive bro & I have using Sandisk 16gb & moserbaer 16gb & transcend 4 gb ,this 3 pendrive it,s good & i have not tried other brand bro & this pendrive for all stb :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock