Strange - Asiasat 7 Ku and Asiasat 5 Ku on single LNB

M.J.Sadiq

M Jahabar Sadiq
Contributor
Reaction score
I just noticed that I am getting 57% signal on Asiasat 7 TP on Asiasat 5 LNB.

I am having Dish TV setup with monobkock LNB. This morning I just moved the dish downward by 1 mm (mistakenly) and worried after seeing 1% signal drop on DD Free Dish and Asiasat 5. Couldn't able to fix to its original position.

Now I just scanned Asiasat 5 and noticed AS 7 TP poping up which is normal. But I saw the channels getting listed out to my surprise.

But channels are showing No Service though it is working fine in actual Asiasat 7 setup that I did yesterday in which I am getting 58% signal.

Some images from Asiasat 5 setup.

6314f48e5e20e30202b0a88b0a821d91.jpg

17c9d7f3ce9b0932b263a97bda4de8d0.jpg

ca86ae082ef75ce9a061c4247b5630da.jpg

sometimes, it hppns :)

beams and satellites can play lots of games.

Any idea about the degree difference between two LNBs of Dish TV's monoblock LNB? I don't think it is 5 degree.

My dish TV dish's monoblock LNB is primarily pointing 95 degree. So, the other side of monoblock LNB should exactly be 100 degree if the difference is 5 degree. In that case, it should not scan TP from 105.5 degree satellite. Today it even showed signal and till yesterday it was just scanning the TP.

One more thing is, my side LNB for 108.2 is not having any space between monoblock LNB. If the monoblock is pointing to 100 degree, there should be a gap of 1cm or 1.5cm between the side LNB and monoblock LNB as the degree difference would be 8.2.

I think it is pointing at 103 degree and hence there is no gap between 108.2 LNB and monoblock LNB.

95 degree LNB is receiving 93.5 too.

So, 103 can receive 100.5 too. Once, I even got TP from Express AM 3 at 103 degree though there is no signal.

On the other side, 103 can also receive 104.5 degree in the same above calculations.

Since 105.5 is located just 1 degree away, it can scan the TPs from 105.5 as well though not showing signal. Strangely it is showing signal after a slight adjustment of dish.

Hence, Dish TV's monoblock difference is 8 degree.

Some ideas based on above calculation...

Set prime focus to 94 degree. This can get you 93.5 and 95 easily.
Now the other side of monoblock will point to 102 degree.
Place a side LNB very closely with monoblock. It will point 107 degree. It should receive both 105.5 and 108.2 if my guess is correct...

M.J.Sadiq said:
Hence, Dish TV's monoblock difference is 8 degree

But bro, a monobloc generally comes in 3°, 4.3° and 6° difference only..

Not sure if Dish tv custom manufacture it at 8 degrees.. that's very unlikely.. they wouldn't deviate from international standards imo...

mmadhankumar said:
But bro, a monobloc generally comes in 3°, 4.3° and 6° difference only..

Not sure if Dish tv custom manufacture it at 8 degrees.. that's very unlikely.. they wouldn't deviate from international standards imo...

Yes, you are right about the general difference bro.. Above is just a wild calculation based on current tracking happening with me today...

The cloudy weather of yesterday has gone now and signal increased in all satellites that I have setup. So, Asiasat 7 channels are now working on Asiasat 5 setup with same 57% signal. But video freezing is there for about 1 second of every 3 seconds. But audio is clear on all 4 channels of Asiasat 7.

As I said, it is still locking Express AM 3 TP.

a0d391d042548884be31ce5e004abaed.jpg

Can't understand what is happening.. now signal increased to 58% and channels working perfectly..

You are right bro.. I didn't check LNB.. but any idea how I am getting the signals of Asiasat 7 on this?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock