Discussion Streaming Devices vs Smart Set Top Box

Which one would you prefer?

• Total voters
How well optimised is it?
As the software & the hardware are both new, there are lags & lil sluggishness here & there but I believe, these can easily be solved in future OTA updates...It's like a Alpha phase of the box which is ready to release/released but it's expected that it will have some bugs as the software is new...When the beta phase will come, the slowdowns or occasional hangs would become less & as the software & OTA updates will keep coming, the software will get matured over time with less to no bugs... :)

So, Airtel released a box with unknown brand's dual core CPU...Now Dish Tv is launching an Amlogic Quad Core CPU & knowing Tata Sky, they will give more better hardware than DishTv...They would mostly provide atleast 2GB Ram & 16-32Gb rom...

Every-time this happens with me when I research a lot & buy a new device & just after me buying that, a better device announcement news comes & I feel like, gosh I should have waited more to get the better one lol...

Are you sure Xstream box is 1 GB, bcos I have read somewhere it is 2 gb ram and 8 gb rom.
I will try to sideload an app to check that tomorrow...There were mixed reports about this...So, not fully sure...

I don't have any of them but i think Smart SetTop Box is a better option for new customers because you can watch both TV Broadcasting and streaming service by using a single box. You don't have to shift from one device to another. IPTV is not a alternative option yet because you cant watch all available channels in stick. Also their is a difference viewing experience between broadcasting and streaming service. And for existing subscribers of Airtel Digital TV, the box is available Rs 2,249.. 🤔

Last edited:
Hotstar doesn't work with built-in Chromecast of Internet TV. I know Prime Video works. Does Netflix works too?
I hardly use streaming services (except YT) because I download most of the stuffs I need to see & then watch...I have not subscribed to Prime & Netflix so can't confirm you that...Other members who are using the streaming services on this box can tell you better... :)

Off-topic : Last-night watched Poltergeist in 3D & loved it... :D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock