Sun direct audio

Rahul r

Reaction score
I see a button named 'audio' in my sun direct remote control, what are the sound modes we get by pressing it?

I see a button named 'audio' in my sun direct remote control, what are the sound modes we get by pressing it?
That button is useful if you have an old TV or a smaller TV that produces only 'mono' audio. Meaning, if the TV has only one speaker (like the 14" CRT TV provided by the Tamil Nadu government 10+ years ago), or if the TV has only one input jack for plugging in audio from the (SD) STB.

Repeatedly pressing that 'audio' button in the STB switches between the following audio modes:

1) Stereo:
The STB will transmit the original stereo audio that is coming from the channel

2) Left:
The STB will send only the left channel audio (left speaker audio) to all the speakers of your TV.

3) Right:
The STB will send only the right channel audio (right speaker audio) to all the speakers of your TV.

4) Mono:
The STB will covert the incoming Stereo audio from the channel into Mono audio and then send it to the TV. Both the left and right channel audios will be combined together and sent to all the speakers of your TV.

This button was very useful around 10 years ago. A few channels (Kids channels and Infotainment channels) used to transmit a different language audio in the left and right speakers. This button was used to play a single language's audio in all the speakers of the TV.

That button is useful if you have an old TV or a smaller TV that produces only 'mono' audio. Meaning, if the TV has only one speaker (like the 14" CRT TV provided by the Tamil Nadu government 10+ years ago), or if the TV has only one input jack for plugging in audio from the (SD) STB.

Repeatedly pressing that 'audio' button in the STB switches between the following audio modes:

1) Stereo:
The STB will transmit the original stereo audio that is coming from the channel

2) Left:
The STB will send only the left channel audio (left speaker audio) to all the speakers of your TV.

3) Right:
The STB will send only the right channel audio (right speaker audio) to all the speakers of your TV.

4) Mono:
The STB will covert the incoming Stereo audio from the channel into Mono audio and then send it to the TV. Both the left and right channel audios will be combined together and sent to all the speakers of your TV.

This button was very useful around 10 years ago. A few channels (Kids channels and Infotainment channels) used to transmit a different language audio in the left and right speakers. This button was used to play a single language's audio in all the speakers of the TV.
Thank you so much bro, Bro i have one more doubt recognising each of these sound modes, i couldeasily recognise the left and right speaker mode by their picture but couldn't recognise other two modes i.e stereo and mono,,, in one picture two waves coming from either sides of a dote,, and in another one the same picture but it is in blue colour

The audio setting is saved separately for each channel.

By default, every channel is set to Stereo. Press the Info button and note the initial audio symbol for any channel wherein you have not pressed the audio button before. That would be the symbol for Stereo.

It changes in the following order every time you press the audio button:
Stereo-Mono-Right-Left [then back to Stereo again].

So, any channel for which you haven't altered this setting, will still be in Stereo. If you are confused, do a Factory Reset of the STB. All channels will be reset to Stereo.

The audio setting is saved separately for each channel.

By default, every channel is set to Stereo. Press the Info button and note the initial audio symbol for any channel wherein you have not pressed the audio button before. That would be the symbol for Stereo.

It changes in the following order every time you press the audio button:
Stereo-Mono-Right-Left [then back to Stereo again].

So, any channel for which you haven't altered this setting, will still be in Stereo. If you are confused, do a Factory Reset of the STB. All channels will be reset to Stereo.
Thanks bro got it🤝🤝🤝🤝

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock