Sun Direct DTH FAQ

sunveer

Reaction score
** To Check the validity of the post, please visit this LINK **

Q. What is DTH?

A. DTH stands for Direct-To-Home television. DTH is defined as the reception of satellite programmes with a personal dish in an individual home. DTH does away with the need for the local cable operator and puts the broadcaster directly in touch with the consumer.

Q. Can SUN DIRECT be viewed without disconnecting existing cable connection?

A. Cable connection can be viewed in normal TV mode and DTH channels can be viewed in AV mode by choosing the AV option from the remote of your TV set. DTH channels can be changed using STB remote control.

Q. Once the Dish & STB are installed, will it be possible to receive all channels?

A. Once the dish & STB are installed, you will need to activate a pack, through which you will get the channel that you have subscribed to.

Q. If there are more than one TV set in one house, will all TV sets require separate STBs/Dishes to receive SUN DIRECT?

A. Yes, for each TV a separate STB will be required and no need of separate dish.

Q. If one changes his residence or moves to some other city, can he continue to use the same STB and the Dish to receive SUN DIRECT?

A. Yes, please contact our call center for further assistance

Q. Will the reception be affected by rains/snowfall?

A. Though provision exists in the uplink system to take care of fading of the signal due to rains, yet heavy rains may result into outage for a few minutes in the DTH signal.

Q. Where can the Dish be installed?

A. Dish can be installed on the roof-top or on the wall depending on the line of signal of satellite.

Q. Can the system be installed by the viewer himself?

A. The installation of System involves intricate hardware & software upload, it is advised to take the assistance of a skilled technical person trained by Sundirect for installation.

Q. Can the Receive Dish be fixed on the window grill?

A. It may be possible to get the dish fixed on the window grill with slight modification on the grill or the fixtures but it is advisable to fix the dish on rigid wall or roof top.

Q. Will SUN DIRECT signal be available to my remote village, where no TV tower is installed?

A. Yes, the SUN DIRECT signal is made available to you through satellite and does not require any tower or cable for its distribution.

Q. If something goes wrong with my system, then whom should I contact?

A. Please contact our customer care for further assistance.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock