Sun direct HEVC box issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarnathkvk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am listing the issue of sun direct HEVC Hd box issues so that if sun direct people gets to see these thread, hopefully they will fix

• Slow Boot up
  • Screen freezes with audio
  • Favourite channels issue
  • Yellow/Black screen
  • Frequently getting Viewing is temporarily is blocked
  • EPG only in for not showing when you want to show continuously
  • Shows audio as multi but only one audio track is shown when going to change
  • Recording only one channel at a time

other sun direct users also can post the issues in these thread

Hi all,

I am listing the issue of sun direct HEVC Hd box issues so that if sun direct people gets to see these thread, hopefully they will fix

• Slow Boot up
  • Screen freezes with audio
  • Favourite channels issue
  • Yellow/Black screen
  • Frequently getting Viewing is temporarily is blocked
  • EPG only in for not showing when you want to show continuously
  • Shows audio as multi but only one audio track is shown when going to change
  • Recording only one channel at a time
other sun direct users also can post the issues in these thread

Please Post Box Model Bro!

Never tried recording.
Other issues all are there.

• Black screen experienced, not yellow yet.
  • EPG not loading is really annoying, now channels prices also not visible due to this issue.
  • Viewing is blocked becoming frequent now, but never lasted more than a minute.
  • Multi audio seems to be removal of additional ones, like in SS1. Still they should update Track1 with English where applicable; and scroll down indication when audio options are more than one screen (eg: NGC HD).

Here are the issues that happen in both my HD and SD boxes:

HD Box --> Series: Y Model: HS8101
SD Box --> Model: S32100

1) Freezing: Channels Freeze every now and then, for around 15 seconds. They go into pause mode. The video freezes. The audio goes silent. Then, after 15 seconds or so, both the video and audio comes back.
(This issue is literally equivalent to what would happen if we manually press the pause button in our Sun Direct remote control to pause the video/audio, and then press the pause button again after 15 seconds to have the video/audio resume playing)

Note: This issue is not isolated to just one transponder. It happens across transponders.

2) Black Out: This issue is not as frequent as the first issue. But it happens every time when a recording is going on. Whenever I am recording a channel, the issue mostly does not occur if I stay in the particular channel that is being recorded. However, whenever I flip to a different channel (in the same transponder) when a recording is going on, after a minute or two, the video blacks out (with no audio in the background), with a message that says Viewing Is Temporarily Blocked. The video/audio does not usually come back unless I switch back to the channel being recorded, and that too after almost a minute. But the catch here is, the recording is skipped until I switch back to the channel being recorded, and until the video/audio comes back. The end result is, I would still have a recorded program -- only the program would have minutes of missing content in the middle. Now, who would want that? ;)

Note: Again, this issue is not isolated to just one transponder. It happens across transponders.

Work Around For Missing EPG:

I use this work around to load the EPG of a particular channel quickly, after switching to it.

Note: (This work around works ONLY when EPG is available (from Sun Direct's end) for the channel currently playing, but is not being displayed for us. Sometimes, a channel might not have EPG from Sun Direct itself. So, no luck there!)

1. First, access the channel for which the EPG is missing.
  2. Press the Info button once to display the Info box --> EPG is missing
  3. Press the Info button once more, to display the Current Program Info box --> Detailed EPG is missing in the Current Program Info box
  4. Exit from the Current Program Info box by pressing the Exit button twice, and then press the EPG button (or the Guide button) to display the EPG Information window --> EPG is missing for the channel being viewed. It says No Information.
  5. Exit the EPG Information window by pressing the Exit button.
  6. Press the Info button twice to display the Current Program Info box.
  7. Start pressing the Right Arrow Button in our Sun Direct remote control, continuously, for around 15 to 20 times. If it is available on Sun Direct's end, EPG should mostly be displayed now. If it is still not being displayed, go to the next step.
  8. Start pressing the Left Arrow Button in our Sun Direct remote control, continuously, for around 20 to 25 times. If it is available on Sun Direct's end, EPG should mostly be displayed now. If it is still not being displayed, it means EPG is not available for that channel from Sun Direct's end.
If it is available on Sun Direct's end, after steps 7 and 8, EPG should mostly get displayed in all 3 places:
  1. Info box (press the Info button once)
  2. Current Program Info box (press the Info button twice)
  3. EPG Information window (press the EPG button or the Guide button)

Last edited:
In during Saturday, Sunday any festivals means my Sundirect hd audio is breaking in DD+ format.After I changing channel is recover.My Home theatre is good.I am watching dts-hd movies & Dolby TrueHD there no issues.Only in Sundirect HD.

i am also facing same issues in HD STB HS8101 and HD STB HS3A01.
Bugs in sun direct software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock