Sun Direct Replacing All Homecast Brand HD STBs.

• Thread starter SivaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 2,017

SivaG

Reaction score
Sun Direct starts to Replace all Homecast brand HD DVBS2 stb to new one. These model boxes are not able to lock signals of Hd channels tp (11030 V 32000) after the change of new symbol rate 32000 Ksps. So they are in the process of replacing all homecast brand HD stbs. Replacing charge Rs. 650. New boxes have usb recording facility.

News by Mr.Eswar. sundirect technician from chennai.

SivaG said:
Sun Direct starts to Replace all Homecast brand HD DVBS2 stb to new one. These model boxes not able to lock signals of Hd channels tp (11030 V 30000) after the change of new symbol rate 32000 Ksps. So they are in the process of replacing all homecast brand stbs. Replacing charge Rs. 650. New boxes have usb recording facility.

News by Mr.Eswar. sundirect technician from chennai.

Why Rs. 650 :huh

He also said these model boxes are very few. So no problem to replace. But everyone fighting for replacement charge.

SivaG said:
He also said these model boxes are very few. So no problem to replace. But everyone fighting for replacement charge.

But why needs to replace and what happened if not replace ?

Anirudha Das said:
But why needs to replace and what happened if not replace ?

can't view Hd channels. They can only view sd channels.

Well yes there is issue in HD TP after the SR changed.. looks like a Bug in TP parameters . few times no PMT and few times scan as Nameless channels few times not scanning bcoz no PMT [Program Measuring Table] .Dont know how this TP behaves in FTA Reciever..
I think SD Technicians r not much proffessionals as TS ones..

Is Homecast STB is not scanning more than 30000 Symbolrate ? i think so if they r not scanning.. this is a really irresponsible move. if they know that Homecast STB Cant scan more than 30000 SR then y they changed the SR ? they might have changed the FEC to add 1 more HD Channel instead of SR as i think..

RE: Sun Direct Replaces All Homecast Brand HD STBs.

'This is sundirect fault. Why customers need to pay for another box?' - Big question ...

SivaG said:
'This is sundirect fault. Why customers need to pay for another box?' - Big question ...

Is they providing extra benefits like increase in warranty or free service in box.

Anirudha Das said:
Is they providing extra benefits like increase in warranty or free service in box.

i don't know about warranty. Extra benefit is usb recording facility. Not availale in old one.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock