• Thread starter Girish
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 5,120

Girish

Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
It seems Bengal has rejected Sun Bangla. It seems to be loyal to Zee Bangla and Star Jalsha. Making Sun Bangla FTA has not helped.
Asked whether the company is still optimistic about the revenue of its Bangla GEC, Narayanan said that the channel needs to be given some time as it launched only five months back. He also said that the implementation of the new tariff order (NTO) has hit the industry badly and Sun Bangla was not an exception. “See, unfortunately, we didn’t anticipate this new tariff order will come and drive a course through everything. So unfortunately, as we went in there, this whole thing came and threw the entire system into disarray. So that’s also one of the reasons why we — but anyway, I think it’s a step in the right direction because we think that there is a lot of potential there. It is a market where there is not much of TRPs available for trading. So — and there are 2 well-entrenched competitors, and we thought that this is the kind of play. And I think that our content strategy also has been very well thought of. All those series have been very well made, slickly made. But it will take some time. I mean, it’s not — Rome wasn’t built in a day. And so we are doing all the right things. And I’m sure we will see an uptick pretty soon,” Narayan elaborated.

Sun network hasn't been doing that great in non Tamil markets.
Its a distant 4th in Kerala Market.
Telugu and Kannada market it's at 3rd position inspite of having a beginners advantage.
Bengal was the testing ground and it seems it couldn't make any mark. Similar to Bangla Market Marathi market is already having Zee Star and Colors which are well established hence it's difficult for an outise player. Even local players arent able to make a mark. Sony hasnt been able to penetrate into Bangla and Marathi market so for Sun it's far fledged dream.

Sun network hasn't been doing that great in non Tamil markets.
Its a distant 4th in Kerala Market.
Telugu and Kannada market it's at 3rd position inspite of having a beginners advantage.
Bengal was the testing ground and it seems it couldn't make any mark. Similar to Bangla Market Marathi market is already having Zee Star and Colors which are well established hence it's difficult for an outise player. Even local players arent able to make a mark. Sony hasnt been able to penetrate into Bangla and Marathi market so for Sun it's far fledged dream.
in telugu market 90% Gemini is at 4th position only.

in telugu market 90% Gemini is at 4th position only.
Telugu market is very dynamic unlike Kerala, Tamil, Kannada, Bangla, Marathi where there is a clear number 1 & 2. Telugu market has Strong Etv a local player, Maa from Star, Zee And Gemini which keeps hopping positions regularly. Don't remember seeing any1 of them being number 1 or 2 for continuous 52 weeks.

Telugu is a big market even at no 4 no problem...gemini tv have a huge trp also than compared with surya tv the malayalam gec ...in malayalam they are realy struggling and zee keralm slowly rising

Telugu is a big market even at no 4 no problem...gemini tv have a huge trp also than compared with surya tv the malayalam gec ...in malayalam they are realy struggling and zee keralm slowly rising
In Telugu Gemini TV investing in movies but it's not investing or care about fiction (serials).most of there serials are either from Tamil or Hindi that's the main reason for lagging in TRP battle. It's applies to Surya TV also.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock