Breaking SUN Marathi to launch in 2021-22

• Thread starter Viki
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 45
  • Views: Views 15,641

Viki

Reaction score
Of the proposed amount (500 crore), some Rs 250 crore will be spent on Sun NXT, while sizeable investments will go to Bengali and Marathi channels, which it sees as larger markets than Malayalam. Sun TV plans to spend Rs 300–350 crore on five large-ticket movies in FY22 and additionally on small-ticket movies, the management said at a post-earnings call.

The broadcaster plans to launch new TV shows/movies and a Marathi channel in 2021-22, which offers a silver lining to ad and subscription growth.

Source : Sun TV to invest Rs 500 cr in OTT and movies, strengthen regional channels

Of the proposed amount (500 crore), some Rs 250 crore will be spent on Sun NXT, while sizeable investments will go to Bengali and Marathi channels, which it sees as larger markets than Malayalam. Sun TV plans to spend Rs 300–350 crore on five large-ticket movies in FY22 and additionally on small-ticket movies, the management said at a post-earnings call.

The broadcaster plans to launch new TV shows/movies and a Marathi channel in 2021-22, which offers a silver lining to ad and subscription growth.

Source : Sun TV to invest Rs 500 cr in OTT and movies, strengthen regional channels
Yeee i am waiting for Sun Marathi it's good news 👍 hope this channel becomes successful.

Last edited:
Waiting for Sun marathi sun bangla is fta
channel so sun marathi will be also fta after launching this channel it will be the first marathi Free GEC channel which have orignal shows .I'm so excited

Waiting for Sun marathi sun bangla is fta
channel so sun marathi will be also fta after launching this channel it will be the first marathi Free GEC channel which have orignal shows .I'm so excited
Fakt Marathi also has original shows and it's fta channel but now it's more movie channel then gec 😂

They will make Sun Marathi paid channel after it gets success and trai rules change.

Last edited:
Fakt Marathi also has original shows and it's fta channel but now it's more movie channel then gec 😂
I didn't like shows of fakt marathi mostly they have Library of mi marathi & tmkoc marathi version they telicast their own shows like sindhu but it's crap currently this channel is available on DD free dish platform so they come in top 5 sometimes after Sun marathi surely it will take 5th position there will be compitition in sony marathi and sun marathi I think zee yuva will also improve their library after launching Sun marathi let's see

I didn't like shows of fakt marathi mostly they have Library of mi marathi & tmkoc marathi version they telicast their own shows like sindhu but it's crap currently this channel is available on DD free dish platform so they come in top 5 sometimes after Sun marathi surely it will take 5th position there will be compitition in sony marathi and sun marathi I think zee yuva will also improve their library after launching Sun marathi let's see
They have original series like Sindhu.
Original mythological shows like Dev Pavala.
They have plans to bring some original series Saibaba, 2 more serials and 1 crime show.

I think Sun Marathi will go ahead Sony Marathi and strong competition will be there between 5 channels whereas Zee yuva and fakt Marathi will be out of this fight. I have lots of hopes from Sun tv may be they will rule in near future if they bring good daily soaps shows and movies.

They have original series like Sindhu.
Original mythological shows like Dev Pavala.
They have plans to bring some original series Saibaba, 2 more serials and 1 crime show.

I think Sun Marathi will go ahead Sony Marathi and strong competition will be there between 5 channels whereas Zee yuva and fakt Marathi will be out of this fight. I have lots of hopes from Sun tv may be they will rule in near future if they bring good daily soaps shows and movies.
If they started Nandhini on Sun marathi then it will not work for Sun marathi because marathi peoples hate dubbed shows if they want to launch this show then it should come at 5pm not at evening star pravah also started mahadev and Mahabharat at 5:30 & 6 pm slot in 2014 but it got failed

If they started Nandhini on Sun marathi then it will not work for Sun marathi because marathi peoples hate dubbed shows if they want to launch this show then it should come at 5pm not at evening star pravah also started mahadev and Mahabharat at 5:30 & 6 pm slot in 2014 but it got failed
Pravah launched this show till that it was very late and unpopular channel all serials were flop at that time and they started dubbed shows that too in evening time when it was needed in afternoon 😅 now also they can launch good dubbed shows in afternoon.

Sun network should not dubbed any serial in Marathi other then nandhini mostly family oriented or drama serials dubbed should not happen, mythological or horror shows are welcome but in afternoon early slots at 4/5pm.

Sun Marathi should remake Pavitra rishta (remake of popular tamil serial don't know name) in Marathi with changes it will be great but I want Sun Marathi to be original swamake channel with only some good remakes.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock