Swapped 3333RF with 6666RF box but Dolby not working

vrishraj

Reaction score
Hi,
Yesterday had problem with my HD 3333rf set top box, so service person came and replaced with 6666RF set top box and updated to latest software.

My concern is in 6666RF box Dolby audio not at all working for any Dolby channel through my TV but for previous model 3333RF dolby was working fine with my TV. Any one faced this issue with 6666RF set top box?

6666RF doesn't have S/PDIF audio out output but 3333RF had this facility.

I have complained again and I will update again.

Hi,
Yesterday had problem with my HD 3333rf set top box, so service person came and replaced with 6666RF set top box and updated to latest software.

My concern is in 6666RF box Dolby audio not at all working for any Dolby channel through my TV but for previous model 3333RF dolby was working fine with my TV. Any one faced this issue with 6666RF set top box?

Is anyone facing Dolby audio problem in this model?

Waiting for the resolution from cc

Hi,

Which TV are you using and can you share the connection details? I guess you have connected STB to TV via HDMI and TV to home theater receiver via Optical cable. Am I correct?

Majority of the TVs do not pass through Dolby Digital Signals. Please check your TV specifications for the same.

Which TV are you using and can you share the connection details? I guess you have connected STB to TV via HDMI and TV to home theater receiver via Optical cable. Am I correct?

Majority of the TVs do not pass through Dolby Digital Signals. Please check your TV specifications for the same.

Thank you for your time looking at this issue.
I have Sony led tv 48 inch latest model which supports Dolby audio and not using any home theater.
Previous set top box (3333rf connected using HDMI to TV,) both Dolby and normal audio working fine. Connections for this STB 6666RF used the same but not getting Dolby, only normal audio channels are working.

Thank you for your time looking at this issue.
I have Sony led tv 48 inch latest model which supports Dolby audio and not using any home theater.
Previous set top box (3333rf connected using HDMI to TV,) both Dolby and normal audio working fine. Connections for this STB 6666RF used the same but not getting Dolby, only normal audio channels are working.
Could you please share the model number of Sony TV?

Here is the detailed spec of your TV. http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/pdfs/KDL-48W650D_KDL-40W650D_SpecSheet.pdf. The specification talks only about "Audio Out" as Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM.
I am not sure, if the TV can take the DD input and process it. Are you sure DD audio was working fine with your old STB? Please note, if you had connected your OPTICAL out from STB to TV, it won't work. In your TV, there is no Optical "IN". It's only Audio "OUT"

d
Here is the detailed spec of your TV. http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/pdfs/KDL-48W650D_KDL-40W650D_SpecSheet.pdf. The specification talks only about "Audio Out" as Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM.
I am not sure, if the TV can take the DD input and process it. Are you sure DD audio was working fine with your old STB? Please note, if you had connected your OPTICAL out from STB to TV, it won't work. In your TV, there is no Optical "IN". It's only Audio "OUT"
d2h audio very bad ECM Good audio AAC tatasky and Airtel digital used AAC

Thanks for checking all the details...
I am 100% sure that DD was working with my 3333rf STB
I have one more 3333rf STB in multiroom connection it is still working fine with DD audio connected with HDMI cable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock