Switch from Tata Play to Airtel dth

Every DTH services has some good and bad reviews some dth services will be good in aq pq some services will be having very bad its better u to go for physical check u can ask ur friends, family relatives etc etc. But 1 thing is confirm u have to choose between airtel and tata play.

Buddy ur experience may b entirely opposite to mine hence as i have said service support is a thing which can't b put under one bracket of being good or bad.

Having discussed about this topic all thru afternoon/evening i can just conclude by saying that airtel digital tv does have few negatives but so does Tata Play or other operators. Had airtel digital tv been so bad then it would not have become 2nd biggest DTH operator, also they scored over Tata Play inerms of subscriber acquisition in past few quarters . People r opting for airtel digital tv and most are extremely satisfied with their product, service and features. In hybrid box segment as far as i have heard people have given higher score to airtel xstream stb as compared to tata sky binge stb and Airtel XStream boxes r in high demand.

On a lighter note i hope this time @Jaffer7080 bro will not accuse me of being biased to star/disney (they own 30% stake in Tata Play) as like always i am being balanced and neutral while sharing information / opinion about airtel digital tv and tata play. I always give credit where it is due and bring forward shortcomings alongwith sharing a proper solution to overcome it
Bro why ru dragging Disney-Star in this thread which has no link at all. Yes their is no doubt that ur biased towards Disney-Star also most of the members knows this. The point is 1 of the member is moving from tata play to adtv so he is asking suggestions nothing else if ur having some exact valid points to go for adtv u can give suggest the concern member.

In my opinion nobody here simply stated.. Airtel is waste.. It has its disadvantages.. Even tata play too...

Regarding airtel simply,
Postpaid - best
Prepaid - no comments because there is no quality here.. Only number games same situation with every operator
Broaband- doing great
Dth - good (with flaws when you're excepting a premium service)
1. Their irritating logo and its placement different for channel looks it is resolving now.. ( Tataplay logo is standard which irritates when we see some channels like sun network)
2.Cheap hardware standards.. Some units good some are not.. (sometimes this happens with Tataplay too)
3.no proper app support for dth (where Tataplay has excellent apps)
4. Promising premium customer support through airtel not working in reality as of now.. (mostly tatplay provides smooth support in every aspect)
5.airtel is looking dth like their arpu enhancer.. Their main aim is more airtel black subscribers now.. But they don't have proper premium standards where in airtel black they are promoting it as premium service..
I will mention what they are not improving as per premium tag..
App support, no fee for temporary suspension, techincaian with premium behaviour(when we go to apple store if they ask for fixed price tag tips at the end of purchase how it looks.. 😂), their logo that's it..
If you want to opt for general dth service you may go.. If prefer airtel otherwise opt for Tataplay as it fills 80 percent of basic needs with ease.. Where airtel is above 60-70

That's my opinion I am not a Tataplay devote or Tataplay is not paying to mee.. To hate airtel here.. Even in the past, I tried to switch to airtel because of their postpaid service but I can't stay with airtel more than month.. It doesn't means it is bad it is not good as tataplay at least for my needs..
And I am still using airtel postpaid for my family so, here we paying our bills not Tataplay for spreading some rumors badly about airtel in formus.

Last edited:
Airtel's HD is of top quality, SD is very bad. I used different types of boxes on Airtel and right now using XStream. On all the boxes, SD channel PQ is so poor that we can't watch at all on TV sized 40 inches or more. Only Sun Direct is having lower SD quality than Airtel. I used Tata Play (When it was Sky) and the SD quality was way superior to Airtel. d2h had always been the top in SD quality.
I agree Airtel’s SD quality was bad. They have improved it now like from 6 to 8m back. It’s way far better now. Still d2h is in the top in SD.

Bro why ru dragging Disney-Star in this thread which has no link at all. Yes their is no doubt that ur biased towards Disney-Star also most of the members knows this. The point is 1 of the member is moving from tata play to adtv so he is asking suggestions nothing else if ur having some exact valid points to go for adtv u can give suggest the concern member.

Oh! Buddy u still think i am biased to star/disney, well despite giving all the clarification and proof that i always have a balanced opinion if you continue to have such perception then i can't really do anything about it. I will continue being neutral, fair, unbiased and will keep sharing feedback with broadcasters and operators. I know that various members will perceive my comments in certain way, so without worrying about it or arguing on this i will continue stating the truth and doing the right work. I have good and honest intentions and do not take sides which i will always carry forward

Plz understand the context why i brought star/disney into my post

Last edited:
In my opinion nobody here simply stated.. Airtel is waste.. It has its disadvantages.. Even tata play too...

Regarding airtel simply,
Postpaid - best
Prepaid - no comments because there is no quality here.. Only number games same situation with every operator
Broaband- doing great
Dth - good (with flaws when you're excepting a premium service)
1. Their irritating logo and its placement different for channel looks it is resolving now.. ( Tataplay logo is standard which irritates when we see some channels like sun network)
2.Cheap hardware standards.. Some units good some are not.. (sometimes this happens with Tataplay too)
3.no proper app support for dth (where Tataplay has excellent apps)
4. Promising premium customer support through airtel not working in reality as of now.. (mostly tatplay provides smooth support in every aspect)
5.airtel is looking dth like their arpu enhancer.. Their main aim is more airtel black subscribers now.. But they don't have proper premium standards where in airtel black they are promoting it as premium service..
I will mention what they are not improving as per premium tag..
App support, no fee for temporary suspension, techincaian with premium behaviour(when we go to apple store if they ask for fixed price tag tips at the end of purchase how it looks.. 😂), their logo that's it..
If you want to opt for general dth service you may go.. If prefer airtel otherwise opt for Tataplay as it fills 80 percent of basic needs with ease.. Where airtel is above 60-70

That's my opinion I am not a Tataplay devote or Tataplay is not paying to mee.. To hate airtel here.. Even in the past, I tried to switch to airtel because of their postpaid service but I can't stay with airtel more than month.. It doesn't means it is bad it is not good as tataplay at least for my needs..
And I am still using airtel postpaid for my family so, here we paying our bills not Tataplay for spreading some rumors badly about airtel in formus.

Completely disagree with all ur points bro

I agree Airtel’s SD quality was bad. They have improved it now like from 6 to 8m back. It’s way far better now. Still d2h is in the top in SD.

It has never been bad buddy but in last 4 or 5 years they have further improved it and now its is excellent

HD: airtel>dish/d2h>sun direct>tata play (If we consider PQ&AQ)
HD: sun direct>airtel>dish/d2h>tata play (If we consider only PQ. Sun Direct leads because of HEVC)
SD: Agree with you

This is not true. Airtel scores way higher than Tata Play in the audio quality, especially on HD channels. I agree that the SD channel audio quality is a little better in Tata Play. Coming to the 5.1 and 7.1 on HD, Airtel provides only if the broadcaster has it, they don't try to provide fake Dolby by upscaling, which Tata Play does. That is why there are more number of 5.1/7.1 channels on Tata Play, it doesn't really matter as they say "Quality is better than Quantity".

Airtel's HD is of top quality, SD is very bad. I used different types of boxes on Airtel and right now using XStream. On all the boxes, SD channel PQ is so poor that we can't watch at all on TV sized 40 inches or more. Only Sun Direct is having lower SD quality than Airtel. I used Tata Play (When it was Sky) and the SD quality was way superior to Airtel. d2h had always been the top in SD quality.

Who are you talking about here? We see that the participants in this thread are all regular members. If you can point out the members, we shall certainly look into it. From our side, we don't see anything like that happening.

I am using Airtel HD and XStream box on 42 inch LED TV and picture quality of standard definition channels is awesome. Tata Play uses a technology which makes frames smoother so though u will see some less pixellation but picture will be softer and less sharper.

HEVC or MPEG4 r just compression standards to save bandwidth as one can broadcast SD or HD with lower bandwidth usage. An operator using HEVC can still have poor picture quality if it compresses the channels more as compared to an operator using MPEG4 technology but applying less compression, for example if HD channel requires 1.5 Mbps bandwidth allocation for good picture quality but operator relays it at 1.1 Mbps while incase of MPEG4 good picture quality of an HD channel is achieved at 1.8 Mbps and operator maintains then latter will deliver better picture quality.

Also airtel digital tv, tata play and other use codecs, encoder to further efficiently use bandwidth

I am using Airtel HD and XStream box on 42 inch LED TV and picture quality of standard definition channels is awesome. Tata Play uses a technology which makes frames smoother so though u will see some less pixellation but picture will be softer and less sharper.
Good for you then. I'm using Airtel XStream, and the quality is ridiculously poor. SD channels are pixelated to the core. Tata Play is much better here.

HEVC or MPEG4 r just compression standards to save bandwidth as one can broadcast SD or HD with lower bandwidth usage. An operator using HEVC can still have poor picture quality if it compresses the channels more as compared to an operator using MPEG4 technology but applying less compression, for example if HD channel requires 1.5 Mbps bandwidth allocation for good picture quality but operator relays it at 1.1 Mbps while incase of MPEG4 good picture quality of an HD channel is achieved at 1.8 Mbps and operator maintains then latter will deliver better picture quality.

Also airtel digital tv, tata play and other use codecs, encoder to further efficiently use bandwidth
That's exactly the reason Sun Direct's HD PQ is superior. They have excellent blacks, because they can provide better PQ in lower bandwidth.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock