Switch from Tata Play to Airtel dth

shantisasmal

Solutions
Reaction score
I need some suggestions regarding switching from Tata play to airtel. Shall I go for it? Which dth provides the best PQ and aq?

I need some suggestions regarding switching from Tata play to airtel. Shall I go for it? Which dth provides the best PQ and aq?

Airtel Digital TV is better in many aspects than Tata Play. As i have used both for a long period hence can tell u that Audio/Video quality of airtel digital tv is superior to Tata Play

Which version you are using ? SD or HD?

I would suggest you stay with Tata play due to below reasons.

1. Premium brand and feel. It’s still leading DTH in terms of active subscribers is what I understand.

2. Good useful offers where you can get Hindi movies/sports/kids/lifestyle etc packs for Rs.1 monthly as part of their Saturday jingalala offers / afternoon jingalala offers.

3. Good customer care(at least chat executive ones).

4. Dedicated service visit/support by their engineers.

5. PQ is very good. I can say this for HD at least & after comparing their competitors.

The only issue nowadays is late or non-addition of newly launched channels. Some long due channels like &xplorHD & CCB still not added and these days they are giving preference to SD channel only when it comes to new Chanel addition.

Which version you are using ? SD or HD?

I would suggest you stay with Tata play due to below reasons.

1. Premium brand and feel. It’s still leading DTH in terms of active subscribers is what I understand.

2. Good useful offers where you can get Hindi movies/sports/kids/lifestyle etc packs for Rs.1 monthly as part of their Saturday jingalala offers / afternoon jingalala offers.

3. Good customer care(at least chat executive ones).

4. Dedicated service visit/support by their engineers.

5. PQ is very good. I can say this for HD at least & after comparing their competitors.

The only issue nowadays is late or non-addition of newly launched channels. Some long due channels like &xplorHD & CCB still not added and these days they are giving preference to SD channel only when it comes to new Chanel addition.

Airtel Digital TV Customer Care is on par with Tata Play. More so the airtel presence team us even better than Tata Play customer care. Service support of Airtel DTH is also very good, never faced any delay or issue.

Tata Sky has excellent discounted offers in channels in form of Jingalala Saturdays offers where airtel digital tv surely lacks behind but i am certain that in next few weeks airtel digital tv will launch similar offers.

Tata Play has been avoiding adding some extremely good channels like Colors Cineplex Bollywood, And Xplor, Investigation Discovery HD and that surely is a major negative. Airtel Digital TV too lacks certain channels but not the important ones, even though Vh1 HD, MTV Beats HD, MTV HD, Zee Zest HD etc r missing but viewers r getting to see same content on its SD feed which is available on airtel digital tv but same is not the case with Tata Play . Anyways airtel digital tv is likely to add all pending channels very soon

Tata Play having premium feel or max subscribers cannot b a reason to opt for it. Anyways saying so airtel xstream boxes have much more premium feel look wise as well as in features than Tata Play but i always rate the product for its user experience while bringing functionality into play on a daily basis

Airtel Digital TV Customer Care is on par with Tata Play. More so the airtel presence team us even better than Tata Play customer care. Service support of Airtel DTH is also very good, never faced any delay or issue.
Totally disagree with your point. There customer care service is worst. Six month before I was an Airtel Black subscriber, wanted a secondary Airtel DTH connection for my 2nd room. But they never booked my connection just because they wanted to charge some money for that connection but legally they can't because I was black user and for black user service visit is always free. But these hungary people wanted service charge for my connection. Three to four times I booked second connection but always they cancelled it with some excuses. They have no control on their dealers and distributors, I also wrote all this matter to their so called Airtel Presence team on twitter but no solution.

After this matter I stopped my Airtel dth primary connection and Airtel postpaid too, and ordered two new connection of Tata Play. They installed both within in few hours and today I'm happy with Tata Play and their top class services.

Guys please don't fight among yourselves. User is asking which one is better in AQ and PQ. See Tata Play is leading DTH service with simple UI, awesome favourite feature, also channel are listed in proper way like first HD then SD unlike ADTV in which SD are put before HD.
ADTV irritates most of the time adding scroll under channel which is not going to remove. ADTV has many major channel missing whereas Tata Play is among first to add. Although, few are still left but that's not issue.
Also, price of NCF is same in both DTH, pack price is almost same so better stick to Tata Play and keep recharging to avoid late fees.

Disagree on all points dino bro 🙁

Customer service of ADTV cannot be compared with Tata Play, the convenience, ease to contact them, various modes to raise and solve issues is unmatched. Customers of TP have Live Chat option while Airtel have a chat bot that does next to nothing useful, they can quickly connect to a human agent on call (which can be tricky with Airtel's IVR), service visits are free and mostly on same of raising the complaint. You can even contact cc directly by Google Search.

Tata Sky has excellent discounted offers in channels in form of Jingalala Saturdays offers where airtel digital tv surely lacks behind but i am certain that in next few weeks airtel digital tv will launch similar offers.

Tata Play has been avoiding adding some extremely good channels like Colors Cineplex Bollywood, And Xplor, Investigation Discovery HD and that surely is a major negative. Airtel Digital TV too lacks certain channels but not the important ones, even though Vh1 HD, MTV Beats HD, MTV HD, Zee Zest HD etc r missing but viewers r getting to see same content on its SD feed which is available on airtel digital tv but same is not the case with Tata Play . Anyways airtel digital tv is likely to add all pending channels very soon
Any user should not switch his/her DTH service expecting something that may or may not happen in future. It is not only waste of their money but also creates additional waste material of STB, Dish antenna...

Tata Play having premium feel or max subscribers cannot b a reason to opt for it. Anyways saying so airtel xstream boxes have much more premium feel look wise as well as in features than Tata Play but i always rate the product for its user experience while bringing functionality into play on a daily basis
Looks are personal preference

W0iTM9R.png

pack price is almost same so better stick to Tata Play and keep recharging to avoid late fees.
Late fees do not exist on Tata Play bro! Emergency credit balance is also without additional charges.

About the CC support part, I’ve some of my friends and family members using airtel DTH and they always complain of the terrible support they receive.

One more good thing in tata play, I can pause and resume my 2nd tata play connection any time through app without any extra charge.
I paused and resumed my 2nd connection 4 times with in 5 months without any extra charge😊. This service is very useful for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock