Switched from D2H to Tata Sky

irajnish

Reaction score
I had been a D2H customer since 2012.
Reason to switch: I chose my channels as per TRAI on 17th Jan and then on 5th Feb. All channels were stopped on 4th Feb. I complained everywhere from customer care to nodal to twitter to TRAI. After facing TV blackout for several days I decided to switch to Tata Sky. (Channels has not been activated till date by D2H and their website is still down. So it was surely a good decision.)

Thanks everyone for suggesting me to go for TS.

I ordered TS on 6th Feb for 1549 from Amazon via seller : Tata Sky Limited. I think the seller is Tata Sky itself.
It was available for 1499 via other sellers but I bought it because it seemed to be Tata Sky official seller.
On 7th Feb I got a call from Tata Sky Mumbai that I'd need to recharge and Rs 1549 would only include installation. I told them to go ahead as I wanted to choose my pack after installation.

Within 15 minutes of this call from TS Mumbai I got a call from TS Agra and the connection was installed till around 4pm.
I recharged with Rs 300 using Phonepe and then the TS guy activated my service.

Rs 153 package was activated by default. After the engineer went I chose my channels and broadcaster bouquets and the chosen channels got activated instantly.

HD channels quality is significantly better. I faced pixellation issue in d2h since I switched to a 43 inch TV.

What I am loving the most about Tata Sky is the audio quality. Sound on D2H was too much compressed. There used to be a big difference in sound quality when I played music via JioSaavn and when I played the same song via D2H.
With Tata Sky this difference in Audio quality got minimized. Watching music channels on Tata sky is tooo pleasant. I was listening Ae Ajnabi song on TS and I felt so many beats which I missed with D2H because of the over compressed Audio.

Loving the experience!

Good Decision...congrats and welcome to premium world 😎😎

Congratulations and welcome to TS family

How did u find the PQ of HD channels on the new TS STB as compared to D2H???.
Picture Quality is way better in TS.
After switching to a 43 inch FHD Panasonic from a 32 inch FHD Samsung the HD channels quality on D2H was degraded. We used to think the pixelation in HD channels had something to do with my new TV or its bigger size, so we learnt to live with it.

After switching to TS HD I realized that video and audio in D2H was compressed.
I should have switched earlier.

I had been a D2H customer since 2012.
Reason to switch: I chose my channels as per TRAI on 17th Jan and then on 5th Feb. All channels were stopped on 4th Feb. I complained everywhere from customer care to nodal to twitter to TRAI. After facing TV blackout for several days I decided to switch to Tata Sky. (Channels has not been activated till date by D2H and their website is still down. So it was surely a good decision.)

Thanks everyone for suggesting me to go for TS.

I ordered TS on 6th Feb for 1549 from Amazon via seller : Tata Sky Limited. I think the seller is Tata Sky itself.
It was available for 1499 via other sellers but I bought it because it seemed to be Tata Sky official seller.
On 7th Feb I got a call from Tata Sky Mumbai that I'd need to recharge and Rs 1549 would only include installation. I told them to go ahead as I wanted to choose my pack after installation.

Within 15 minutes of this call from TS Mumbai I got a call from TS Agra and the connection was installed till around 4pm.
I recharged with Rs 300 using Phonepe and then the TS guy activated my service.

Rs 153 package was activated by default. After the engineer went I chose my channels and broadcaster bouquets and the chosen channels got activated instantly.

HD channels quality is significantly better. I faced pixellation issue in d2h since I switched to a 43 inch TV.

What I am loving the most about Tata Sky is the audio quality. Sound on D2H was too much compressed. There used to be a big difference in sound quality when I played music via JioSaavn and when I played the same song via D2H.
With Tata Sky this difference in Audio quality got minimized. Watching music channels on Tata sky is tooo pleasant. I was listening Ae Ajnabi song on TS and I felt so many beats which I missed with D2H because of the over compressed Audio.

Loving the experience!

So if i want to buy it as my customise pack cost around ₹280, so can i just recharge my account with ₹127 (280-NCF 153) and use it fot the first month. As you have mentioned NCF already included. Am i right?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock