Tata Binge Usability

• Thread starter nm7426
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 6
  • Views: Views 1,995

nm7426

Reaction score
Hello, I read some blogs related to tata binge. I am quite interested in the deal they offer but wanna know some of the insights. Could anyone please help me out with this?
Q1) Is tata binge available for non-tata play dth customers?

Q2) Can tata binge be accessed using smart tv, like do they have an app they could be installed in tv and watch seamlessly.

Q3) Hotstar,sonyliv,zee,shemaroo,voot are some of the prime ott platforms for which I look to tata binge. So, can I watch on multiple devices (on pricing of 2739rs annually)
Do they provide the elite subscriptions of hotstar, sonyliv n all or basic like Hotstar have different categories..

Q4) Is Amazon fire stick provided free of cost is limited to use for tata play content or like any other fire stick wherein we can watch YouTube, install other apps n all?

Q6) Is there any rival of tata binge ? My requirements are sonyliv,hotstar,voot,zee, shemaroo, hungama, tarang plus. I am getting all this in 228rs/month in tata binge. Any app which offers lesser than this?

Q7) Are there any other coupons to avail extra discounts over listed prices?

Any inputs are highly appreciable!!

Solution
Yes.
Q2) Can tata binge be accessed using smart tv, like do they have an app they could be installed in tv and watch seamlessly.
Currently the app is available for android TV's and fire TV's...
Others not available yet....
And The U cannot experience a seamless experience at this moment... The App is in early stages...
Q3) Hotstar,sonyliv,zee,shemaroo,voot are some of the prime ott platforms for which I look to tata binge. So, can I watch on multiple devices (on pricing of 2739rs annually)
Do they provide the elite subscriptions of hotstar, sonyliv n all or basic like Hotstar have different categories..
Yes u can watch on multiple devices at a...
Previously it wasn't possible but now yes you can download from the respective app stores.

Yes, Premium subscription is included.

Q4) Is Amazon fire stick provided free of cost is limited to use for tata play content or like any other fire stick wherein we can watch YouTube, install other apps n all?
It is on a rental basis. You can keep it as long as you are on Binge Plan and it will have all features of regular Fire TV Stick.

Q6) Is there any rival of tata binge ? My requirements are sonyliv,hotstar,voot , shemaroo, hungama, tarang plus. I am getting all this in 228rs/month in tata binge. Any app which offers lesser than this?
Of course, several OTT aggregation services are there like Times Prime, Airtel Xstream, etc. Tagging @Harsha1996 bro, he have much knowledge about Binge.

Yes.
And The U cannot experience a seamless experience at this moment... The App is in early stages...
Yes u can watch on multiple devices at a time... Binge 4device logins...
And content viewing is based on app... For suppose sonyliv only offers two screens at a time... This kind of restrictions applicable
All apps are premium variant..

Yes... But active binge required... And if u previously used firestick especially 4k sticks.... The performance is not comparable .... Atleast what I observed maybe of they provide latest model than no problem..

Q7) Are there any other coupons to avail extra discounts over listed prices?
No

Solution
Yes.

And content viewing is based on app... For suppose sonyliv only offers two screens at a time... This kind of restrictions applicable

Yes... But active binge required... And if u previously used firestick especially 4k sticks.... The performance is not comparable .... Atleast what I observed maybe of they provide latest model than no problem..

No
Yes.

No
Thanks for your replies. I have a clearer picture now though some doubt arises here too,

Doubt1- Fire stick is of only use if I have an active binge plan right? If I don't have any active binge then can't I watch YouTube, download third party app(like jiotv😉) via usb n all using fire stick tata play edition, do these tricks work out?

Doubt2- Binge app smoothness in TV shall increase in later stages that's for sure. So is it a reliable method of watching all channels without having a traditional dth set top box rather subscribe to binge and watch all channels using internet ?

Doubt3- Could you please list restrictions for multiple devices in respective ott channels? Like you said for sonyliv..
List your answer in order listed below
Hotstar, voot, zee, tarang plus, shemaroo.

Doubt1- Fire stick is of only use if I have an active binge plan right? If I don't have any active binge then can't I watch YouTube, download third party app(like jiotv😉) via usb n all using fire stick tata play edition, do these tricks work out?
Yes... If u take Tataplay binge firestick Once Binge Pack Expires.... TataPlay will wait for 15days....and ask u recharge.... In this 15days u can use youtube and all and after that they will raise a workorder and collect this stick from u .... U can do third party app installations but it is against Tataplay terms and conditions if any issues happen with stick and they findout u installed third party softwares they may ask u to pay the amount..
Doubt2- Binge app smoothness in TV shall increase in later stages that's for sure. So is it a reliable method of watching all channels without having a traditional dth set top box rather subscribe to binge and watch all channels using internet ?
As of now... The apps like Sony Liv etc., will restrict the live tv tabs if u purchase through Tataplay binge.... U can watch TV content like serials and all through on demand.... But live tv is not enabled.... So, it is not a pure cable replacement.... And I don't think they will do this in near future....
Doubt3- Could you please list restrictions for multiple devices in respective ott channels? Like you said for sonyliv..
List your answer in order listed below
Hotstar, voot, zee, tarang plus, shemaroo.
Bro... TataPlay Binge Only allows u to login in 4devices at a time.... Content viewing restrictions is based on the app...
For suppose zee5 premium plan will let u watch in 3 screens at a time...so even if u logged in 4 devices u can't access zee5 om 4 devices at the same...
Every app has different viewing restrictions but it is mostly in between 2-4 devices a time...
If u want app specific details of viewing restrictions u can go to the particular apps website...
But as I said it is mostly
Zee5- 3
Sony Liv - 2
Hotstar - 4
Others also mostly 4 devices at a time

Thank you harsha for such a great insights upon binge.. I was thinking it as a replacement to dth but got all of my fact checked and cleared out!!
Your patience and understanding is truly hats off👏👏
Any tip for me? As, I want a replacement for dth and watch live tv over internet (except jiotv which doesn't get install in my smart tv)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock