DDF Exclusive Tata Play Binge+ Pros & Cons

The Lonelier Island

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Small review if interested in buying.

Pros

1. UI is smooth. Mute button for entire UI including OTT apps.
2. Cheap bundle. Could be cheaper if useless apps are left on it's own. Don't know who want Eros, Hungama, Shemaroo etc.
3. Auto logins to all apps using Tata Play number. You can also log out and use your own subscription if you don't want bundle.
4. I don't have technical knowledge so I don't know the correct terms. It supports 5G which is 5 GHZ WiFi of my Tata Play Fiber connection.
5. Bluetooth support. If you buy cheap TVs or have old model TVs with no bluetooth connection. It can be handy.
6. Cloud recording upto 20 channels are free. But of no use as most channels doesn't supports it. Main ones do. So highlighting as pro.

Cons

1. Free Amazon Prime subscription for a month. But unclear if it's renews without cancellation.
2. After switching from Sony Liv app. It will want password which is impossible to login as profile is not created.
3. No trial of Netflix. How can you convince new users to buy if you don't let them preview the content?
4. No way of purchasing individual OTT subscription from Tata Play. Only bundle. Even Netflix only comes with an expensive set of bundled channels.
5. No interactive coloured buttons. It's a pain to learn the remote for the DTH service. There is no buttons to switch to schedule of next day. A new remote is desperately needed. Or they could offer two. One for DTH. And other for Smart TVs.

Last edited:
Binge+ box is actually very laggy..even after switching on it takes time to switch channel..sometime it does not take any action even after entering the channel number..sometime while switching channel , showing black screen then if you switch other channel and return back it is showing that channel..I have experienced all these issues even after factory resetting multiple times...only for web content once in a week and Bluetooth for my 2.1 speaker system I am tolerating...

Most important there is no fav button despite a big remote!

Binge+ box is actually very laggy..even after switching on it takes time to switch channel..sometime it does not take any action even after entering the channel number..sometime while switching channel , showing black screen then if you switch other channel and return back it is showing that channel..I have experienced all these issues even after factory resetting multiple times...only for web content once in a week and Bluetooth for my 2.1 speaker system I am tolerating...
I didn't face any lagging issues. Consider getting your box checked.
Most important there is no fav button despite a big remote!
That is true. They seem to give priority more to OTT than DTH here.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock