Tata Play Binge+ vs Tata Play HD+

shantisasmal

Solutions
Reaction score
I need a suggestion that which is a better box to use., TP Binge + or TP HD+? Binge+ is bit laggy while HD+ is too fast. But I don’t get DD+ in all channels in HD+ while there is no such problem in Binge +. Kindly suggest.

Binge + box is advanced as compared to the TS HD +DVR Box you will get the bundle of contents in the binge box whereas in HD+ BOX you were limited to recordings only but the performance of the binge+ depends also on the Internet connection do if your internet connection is best then you will njoy

Binge+ is really slow box..my suggestion is install tataplay hd box .for ott content purchase a firestick or any other stick separately which gives you several advantages-
You don't need to pay mandatory ncf fees if watching only OTT
No lag in HD box or occasional soft reboot
Easy for parents to access fav channels in hd box
The firestick is a portable device so you can carry anywhere without interrupting normal tv viewing

Most important it's better to separate normal tv viewing and ott content, no doubt the first thing comes to our mind that why have 2 devices wherein you can enjoy with one but beleive me these hybrid boxes are not well optimised!

Tata Play Binge+ is advanced and modern but Tata Play HD+ has better hardware and stable software. You get features live TV via internet in case of poor signal, Android TV, exclusive Internet based channels with Binge+, however, there are several members who reported sluggish, lagging and hanging STB.

HD+ is an offline STB with 500GB hard disk that allows to pause, play and rewind any channel anytime. It can also record any show or channel. This box is of superior quality and you won't find much complaints about it.

Recording is technically possible on Binge+ also but only for channels which are available on Tata Play mobile app and even after recording it, you will need internet to play.

Both has pros and cons. Best is subjective and depends on needs of user.

If you need only OTT - Amazon firetv stick (preferable)
Need only DTH - HD or HD+ set-up box
Need both DTH and OTT - HD or HD+ set-up box and Amazon firetv stick
If you are fine with the sluggishness, use Chromecast regularly and badly need only 1 device for both OTT and DTH - TP binge plus set-up box
If you have an android tv or willing to buy a new tv, then prefer Android tv and go for the HD or HD+ set-up box.
Note - prefer HD+ set-up box only if you need recording option. If not, HD box will suffice.

Binge Plus Advantages -
1)Better Video and Audio Quality
2)When poor signal due to rain you can watch the live stream of any channel through wifi.
3)Channel activation is simple and can be done via remote.
4)Android TV and Google Assistant
5)Bluetooth Remote (good quality)
Disadvantages
1)Takes too long to start (At least 2 minutes to boot after switching on)
2)Lag while changing channels
3)Gets stuck after booting sometimes

If you don't mind waiting more than 2 minutes to start watching TV go for Binge plus

Do not buy Tata Binge+ if recording channels is your priority. It is also laggy even on a high-speed broadband connection

If you have a smart TV - just buy Tata Sky HD+ box.
If you don't have a smart TV - assuming both recording and OTT channels are important to you - buy Tata Sky HD+ and an Amazon Firestick (or equivalent).

Just stay away from Tata Binge+

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock