Breaking Tata Play guilty of profiteering ₹450 cr by not passing on input tax credit benefits to customers

Harsha1996

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
The National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) has found direct-to-home (DTH) operator Tata Play (earlier Tata Sky) guilty of profiteering ₹450 crore from July 2017 to January 2019. In its order, the NAA has asked the company to deposit the profiteered amount in a consumer welfare fund with an interest rate of 18% in three months.

The NAA said Tata Play earned the amount by not passing on input tax credit (ITC) benefits to the customers after the introduction of goods and services tax (GST). On comparison of ITC available during pre- and post- GST regime, the authorities computed additional ITC to the tune of 4.19% which was required to be passed on by company to the consumers.

If such a news was posted in airtel digital tv thread then there would have been many angry, sad, and other reactions as well as ton of comments on it but as news is related to Tata Play so except Abhinav bro noone has posted reaction to it and there r 0 comments.

I just feel that we should be more fair and balanced while criticising or applauding any company even if it is your favorite brand

If such a news was posted in airtel digital tv thread then there would have been many angry, sad, and other reactions as well as ton of comments on it but as news is related to Tata Play so except Abhinav bro noone has posted reaction to it and there r 0 comments.
Count me in as well. I was bit busy today so was inactive Today.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock