DTH updates Tata Play New Packages effective from 27 January 2022 midnight

Why would someone want to spend on unnecessary things not all are interested in Netflix and other OTT apps.

For eg I have Netflix subscription for 1 year, Sony Liv 18 months, Hotstar for 2 years. Why would I subscribe to Tata Play Binge Combo offers and over priced by Current packs.
do you got Netflix, SonyLiv, Hotstar subscriptions for free? you have already been paid for their subscriptions so these packs are not required by by you but don't compare yourself to many Tata Play customers. These packs are very economical and usefull for normal consumers who don't want to subscribe these OTT subscriptions separately.

do you got Netflix, SonyLiv, Hotstar subscriptions for free? you have already been paid for their subscriptions so these packs are not required by by you but don't compare yourself to many Tata Play customers. These packs are very economical and usefull for normal consumers who don't want to subscribe these OTT subscriptions separately.
Yes I got all above 3 Free with purchase of new TV.

It is same as subscribing to Netflix individually. It's just that in this case, you are paying through Tata Play, and not with your Credit/Debit Card. Everything else is exactly same.
Are u sure? Can I also access other OTT apps on my laptop/PC as well?
I subscribed all apps individually only because I couldn’t stream them on my laptop.
BTW, Netflix or any other OTT combo pack aren’t showing in my TataPlay (updated) app.

Last edited:
It is same as subscribing to Netflix individually. It's just that in this case, you are paying through Tata Play, and not with your Credit/Debit Card. Everything else is exactly same.
Only for Netflix. For the other OTT apps subscribed through Binge, they can only be accessed via Binge+ STB or Binge Fire TV Stick (For TV viewing).

Only for Netflix. For the other OTT apps subscribed through Binge, they can only be accessed via Binge+ STB or Binge Fire TV Stick (For TV viewing).
I think he was asking about Netflix only.

In case of other services, you are right. You can watch even when you are a regular SD/HD customer, just not in TV (except Hotstar). Hotstar can be accessed through its app on every device, while rest apps need to be accessed through Tata Play Binge App/Web.

Basically, Hotstar and Netflix works as usual like individual subscriptions. Rest need to accessed through the Binge App or Website.

Last edited:
Basically, Hotstar and Netflix works as usual like individual subscriptions. Rest need to accessed through the Binge App or Website.
It’s Prime video only (before Netflix came on-board).
Hotstar (and all other apps) can’t be streamed on other devices (mobile/laptop/pc). I tried multiple times during my 6M complementary period, but it’s not possible to login in other devices with Binge credentials.

It’s Prime video only (before Netflix came on-board).
Hotstar (and all other apps) can’t be streamed on other devices (mobile/laptop/pc). I tried multiple times during my 6M complementary period, but it’s not possible to login in other devices with Binge credentials.
That's surprising. Because in Binge FAQs it is given that you can watch Hotstar on any device by logging in with Tata Play RMN.

That's surprising. Because in Binge FAQs it is given that you can watch Hotstar on any device by logging in with Tata Play RMN.
True. Hotstar can be accessed on multiple devices from their registration number as per the applicable plans. In case of Binge plus subscription, it is the premium plan that's provided with it and can be accessed on 4 devices. During my trial period of 6 months, i was able to use Hotstar on my other devices too.
Amazon prime video, Netflix and Hotstar are the 3 apps (that I know) which can be accessed from their registration numbers when subscribed through bundles (it may be any bundles like binge plus, jio fiber)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock