Sad News Tata Play Scam! Careful!

ranjithsmail

Reaction score
I wanted to let you all know about a scam that Tata play is doing. I'm posting since I experienced it today.

I ordered for a new remote as my old remote was gone. Tata play technician visited the remote and tested it. He asked me for OTP and said that the OTP is for confirmation that remote is delivered.

Later i realized 59 rupees was deducted from my account apart from the remote cost. When i explored i found that technician has subscribed to me Binge Voot starter pack without my knowledge and 59 rupees got deducted for that.

I called customer care same day they just sorry there is one day locking period and it can't be cancelled before that and also can't refund the 59 rupees as well.

Please beware and don't share OTP to the technician visiting. It is a pure scam and i'm surprised reputed company like Tata play is making money by cheating customers.

Thanks, for making us aware about this scam. Thankfully Tata Play didn't acknowledge the cheating and refund you the money. Otherwise we won't get to hear about it.

OTP is required to complete technician visit, it is sent as alert on the set top box. The OTP you shared with technician must have been received on your RMN, there they clearly mention to share it only if want to subscribe Binge.

a3fx5UP.png

Another thing to note is Tata Play never compensates their customers. I had missed out English Entertainment pack on Jingalala offer. They raised the ticket. Didn't acknowledge any mistake. Said portal might be down. Now we can't do anything about it as offer is gone. If same was the resolution. Why did you waste my time raising the ticket if you can't solve the problem? I gave the agent my email address to give me the resolution via mail. He assured me. He will mail me. Till date I haven't got the mail.

There is another thing nowadays. You can't add individual channels by customer service. They push you towards WhatsApp. Meanwhile WhatsApp doesn't have option to add packages. So you have to to back and forth if you don't have access to Internet.

In this case i appreciate Airtel they loot on customers but they'll caught red handed by educated customers by the same they'll refund the looted money in extreme cases they gave extra money too ex) if ₹47 looted means they'll refund ₹50 as round up 😝

Last edited:
Off topic their are many ways to cheat their customers from a company best thing we need to be carefull from this scams.

In this case i appreciate Airtel they loot on customers but they'll caught red handed by educated customers by the same they'll refund the looted money in extreme case cases they gave extra money too ex) if ₹47 looted means they'll refund ₹50 as round up 😝
TRAI should come up with a initiative where companies should be compensated customers with 200% interest for such incidents. These companies will come in line itself.

TRAI should come up with a initiative where companies should be compensated customers with 200% interest for such incidents. These companies will come in line itself.
Do you think these companies will respect trai anymore ?? I don't think so ex) MNP sms 1900

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock