Breaking Tata Sky adding new software for Humax T51 HEVC HD STB from 24th Oct '18

Digital Mastermind

Tata Play Expert
Contributor
Reaction score
New Software Update available for Humax T51 HEVC HD STB from 24th October 2018

Humax T51 HEVC HD STB: (27xx)

Release No: 1.0.6.001

Changelog:

Sets GSAT10-K9 as as the new Home TP

This software version will also make this STB capable to take future software downloads from K9, when connected in Super LNB mode.

Why are they changing Home TP to GSat 10 & enabling Super LNB support across all STB Models? Is there a bigger reason for taking these steps? Home TP was changed from 11010 H to 11050 H on Insat 4A just few months back, also how were they managing to install multiple stb in those homes having single wire or those having connections in MDU building as Sat CR option can't receive channels from H & V frequency simultaneously while only HD PVR had Super LNB compatibility.

INSAT 4A life span is getting over soon, so GSAT 10 will be the default satellite untill another replacement for INSAT 4A is launched by ISRO which is next year.

INSAT 4A life span is getting over soon, so GSAT 10 will be the default satellite untill another replacement for INSAT 4A is launched by ISRO which is next year.

I know that bhai. My question was not regarding this impending transition which will occur next year , i intend to understand why Tata Sky did not change Home TP to GSat in last software update itself and suddenly within 2 or 3 months they are again releasing update implement this change. What was the rationale for changing Home TP from 11010 H to 111050 H on Insat 4A just for few months, what purpose did it serve? Did Tata Sky not strategize properly like they usually do? Also 2nd question i raised about Super LNB is equally important. I am hinting that this might be a road being layed out for a larger reason than what is visible or being told to us

Last edited:
So do u mean that they will give super lnb to all users? afaik all stb are capable to get h and v polarity signals even before this update when connected to super lnb.

I know that bhai. My question was not regarding this impending transition which will occur next year , i intend to understand why Tata Sky did not change Home TP to GSat in last software update itself and suddenly within 2 or 3 months they are again releasing update implement this change. What was the rationale for changing Home TP from 11010 H to 111050 H on Insat 4A just for few months, what purpose did it serve? Did Tata Sky not strategize properly like they usually do? Also 2nd question i raised about Super LNB is equally important. I am hinting that this might be a road being layed out for a larger reason than what is visible or being told to us
Wrong... 1st thing Tata Sky HD all STB box can Support superLNB .. + in my Box t52 humax is a HD box with HEVC compression technology & with Internet enabled ... Also having a In Remote recording feature but my box Not a HD plus or trasferbox with 500 GB HDD

Wrong... 1st thing Tata Sky HD all STB box can Support superLNB .. + in my Box t52 humax is a HD box with HEVC compression technology & with Internet enabled ... Also having a In Remote recording feature but my box Not a HD plus or trasferbox with 500 GB HDD
That recording feature is not enabled and will not be enabled in near future as long as dvr boxes are out there. As it will affect the sale of their recorder box. Most of the people doesn't know about or interested in dual tuner feature.

Last edited:
That recording feature is not enabled and will not be enabled in near future as long as dvr boxes are out there. As it will affect the sale of their recorder box. Most of the people doesn't know about or interested in dual tuner feature.
Right 👍 ....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock