[Tata Sky+ HD] Manual Software Update Method Not Working

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have Tata Sky+ HD set top box. In past the engineer used a single tuner LNB, so there was a single wire coming from LNB to set top box. The engineer used a "T" connection to divide it into 2 wires to attach with HD+ set top box.

Thanks to this forum, I came to know about double-tuner LNB and I asked Tata Sky to replace the LNB. Now I have double-tuner LNB and there are 2 separate wires coming from LNB.

Now there is one big problem! In past, I used to manually update Tata Sky software using Back+2465 trick. Now when I use this trick, the software does not update. It remains stuck on 0% completed screen.

I read somewhere in this forum that the manual method works when we use single wire with "T" connection. I did the same and the software updated successfully.

So now my question is will I always need to use a "T" connection to manually update STB software? Or is there any fix for this problem? Is this a known problem and happens with all HD+ users who use double-tuner LNB?

Also I want to know does Tata Sky STB automatically update the software when we use double-tuner LNB?

Thank you.

^^ If you are talking about System Settings -> System Details. Its showing Software download: Aborted.

The software version date is 10 July 2013.

10 July is latest,

With aborted status u can't get new software

Try next time when it all show idle

^^ Ok. Thanks for your reply. Just tell one more thing! If I dont update it manually, will it automatically update the software whenever a new version is available? I'm asking this because I cant manually update if I use 2 separate wires.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock