Tata Sky HD+ resetting

sreevajhala

Reaction score
I'm starting to face more and more troubles with tata sky off late.

Earlier it was that programs were getting recorded automatically and I was unable to delete them from the hard disk. Only way to get rid of them was by formatting the hard disk.

Now the set top box resets on its own when I switch it on from standby mode.

I have 3 HD PVRs and 1 SD STB, for which Tatasky tech said I need 2 dishes and I complied. Now they say that because of a frequency issue I need one more dish. They are not willing to switch my set top box with a new one.

Please help.

Is there any link between dish & programs geting auto recorded or STB getting reset?
There are few posts indicating that all these problems started with mpeg4 migration as its affecting only to mpeg4 migrated customers.
May be thats the reason TS is going slow for further migration & they are waiting till some solution is worked out for these problems.

Apparently this auto record happens when two boxes on the same dish have the same frequency. But a couple of my friends having only 1 box are also facing the issue.

These people are not accepting the fact that there is an issue with their hardware. All they do on the visit is check signal quality and say problem doesn't recur. But it happens the very next day.

Send email to CC as well as TS CEO & also post on social websites.
Keep a log of everything related to tech visit & keep informing CC & CEO. Also get some reply from them about problem resolution.
Also keep updating everywhere about reply you will get from CC & CEO.

for 3 hd pvr

u need 6 cables
plus 1 cable for sd box

do u use splitter? with quad ouput lnb?
or 2X8 demux?

best thing would be install 2 dishes at companies cost and don't pay them even rs1

For me If standby time is long like a night long then only box reset itself. Though i have strange problem with my box that whenever they are doing something with satellite like adding new channel my tatasky + hd boxes start automatically changing channel +1 or -1, it take me some time to understand it.

sreevajhala said:
I'm starting to face more and more troubles with tata sky off late.

Earlier it was that programs were getting recorded automatically and I was unable to delete them from the hard disk. Only way to get rid of them was by formatting the hard disk.

Now the set top box resets on its own when I switch it on from standby mode.

I have 3 HD PVRs and 1 SD STB, for which Tatasky tech said I need 2 dishes and I complied. Now they say that because of a frequency issue I need one more dish. They are not willing to switch my set top box with a new one.

Please help.

I also faced this problem earlier,Programme automatically starts recording and not able to delete.One more thing also happened with my stb,it's automatically starts resetting when I want to switch on my stb from stand by mode.Technician came to my house and replace the stb.Auto recording and not able to delete issue solved after replace the stb.But still I am facing this problem with my replaced stb,resets on its own when I switch on my stb from stand by mode.:angry:angry

Aditya Karan Singh said:
For me If standby time is long like a night long then only box reset itself. Though i have strange problem with my box that whenever they are doing something with satellite like adding new channel my tatasky + hd boxes start automatically changing channel +1 or -1, it take me some time to understand it.

Yes,my box also reset itself when it is in stand by mode for a long time.Like 3 to 4 hrs longer or more in stand by mode then it starts resetting itself.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock