Tata Sky is Experimenting with Aspect Ratio of NHK World TV

DTH Fan

Contributor
Reaction score
I have noticed since today that Tata Sky is playing with the aspect ratio of newly added channel "NHK World TV".

When it was added, the aspect ratio was 4:3 with black bars on top and bottom but today Tata Sky changed its aspect ratio to 21:9 or similar which is also used to telecast "Al Jajeera" channel which looks like the screen has been zoomed out or stretched horizontally.

But there is some glitch. Sometimes the aspect ratio of "NHK World TV" channel is 4:3 and sometimes 21:9 without black bars.

Either its an issue at Tata Sky side or they are experimenting something.

If you watch the channel for at least 30 minutes or 1 hour, you'll notice the change in aspect ratio.

I have checked it several times today.

I cant understant it! If all newly added International channels are showing in proper 16:9 ratio, then why Tata Sky is experimenting with aspect ratio of NHK World TV only?

Why yaar aap har bar aur har jagah aspect ratio ka rona Kyo ro rahe ho.

Sorry for Hindi.....

Dude I m seeing NHK WORLD in my TCCL HD CONNECTION for over an year now. I can tell you that it's issue from broadcaster n not from TS. I AM also using TS TRANSFER HD BOX.

Don't every as NHK world is broadcasting from its HD feed Sometimes n Sometimes from Normal feed.

I still though agree with you for Al Jazeera. The aspect in TS is not correct n it's looks awful in HD TVs.

^^ Thats weird. But good to see TS is not doing it on purpose.

But I'm sad to see the messed up telecasting of Al Jazeera channel on TS. They should telecast it in proper 16:9 ratio as other International channels. :)

on my digital cable all international channel like:

Russia Today
Al Jazeera
CCTV News
France 24
RTP
DW tv
Arirang
NHK World
TV5 Monde

All these have 16:9 aspect ration and they are full screen.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock