Tata Sky+ HD Web Apps feature should be brought back

• Thread starter dcs
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 2,010

dcs

Reaction score
After discontinue of Tatasky on demand is there any use of the modem that is provided with the PVR/HD +box
This is clearly an unfair business practice. We've paid premium for the recorder that was unnecessarily overpriced already.
However the Tab can be restored with a software update.

So finally I took courage and decided to book upgrade to the new HD+ Transfer set top box. Today Tata Sky technician visited my house and installed the new set top box. ;)

They were not in mood of changing LNB but I forced them to install the new Super LNB so that I can get proper signals on new channels added on GSAT10 Vertical TPs. They accepted and replaced my old LNB with new Super LNB. :eek:hya

Please update about the Web Apps feature. Are you getting it with the HD PVR?

Actually I've raised concern about the discontinuation of Web Apps feature from the Tatasky+ HD Recorder box.

UiMqklA.jpg
Please do not mislead the gullible customers. I've paid 'premium' for the very same Recorder (ID:**********). However the Web Apps (check the ad.) feature was discontinued later. Please confirm whether the Web Apps are available with the 'Low' priced HD recorder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not mislead the gullible customers. I've paid 'premium' for the very same Recorder (ID:**********). However the Web Apps (check the ad.) feature was discontinued later. Please confirm whether the Web Apps are available with the 'Low' priced HD recorder.
Remove ID Details from your post

Hope we'll get the Web Apps feature back in TATAsky+ HD PVR.
They aren't coming back, forget it. If you want apps through your STB, only option is to upgrade to Android TV based Binge+ STB. It costs way lesser than what it used to during it's launch.

Tata Sky has taken various factors into consideration before discontinuing web apps from TS+ HD STB.

1. It was hanging with web apps
2. Tata Sky+ HD is very old set top box with low hardware specs. It is only suitable for DVR recordings which is why they have also removed Transfer, VOD features
3. Web apps weren't that what you think, they were very basic, in fact unusable and there was no dedicated app store to pick your favorite/liked apps from

They need hardware side support to enable add all the required features which they did and launched an android powered set top box.

Overall, they tried to optimize the STB by removing unrequired and non-working features

Oh! But we had paid a 'premium' for all those features. We should've been provided a choice of 'upgraded' PVR. I think it is unfair.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock